Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

First of all, here's my setup; Studio 60's (front), Studio CC (Center), ADP 170 sides, Atoms (back), powered by a Pioneer Elite 54TX. My question is, would there be much of a difference in sound if I changed my ADP 170's for a pair of ADP 470's ? Or, what about putting my 170's in the back instead of the Atoms, and putting 470's on the side. Does anyone have Dipole speakers for rears ? How does it work ? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Gates, I can't really answer your specific question however I do have Signature ADPs on my side walls and do not use rear surrounds. I just use a 5.1 and bi-amp the spare channel into my fronts...On a interesting note as to how well the ADPs function, I have a test disc Digital Video Essentials in which one part has a simulated 360 degree sound field test where the tones circle around the room and when it signals a rear test tone the ADPs put it right behind me in the back and thats a definite rush because there are no speakers back there...I will vouch that the ADPs do their job satisfactory :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gates...I have the same fronts, center as you, and utilize adp 470's for the rear and a pair of older model studio adp's for the sides. I like the sound real well. If you really wanted to go gung-ho, get a pair of studio 20 and keep the 470's. Yowza!

jk

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess my main question was if there was a big difference from ADP-170's and 470's sound wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.