AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings -

Looking for a 5.1 system for $700 or so.

Any thoughts/opinions re: the Paradigm Atom, AV123 x-ls or something else as front L/R and surround L/R units?

Thanks.

- Richard

·
Registered
3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCanuck /forum/post/0

Greetings -

Any thoughts/opinions re: the Paradigm Atom, AV123 x-ls or something else as front L/R and surround L/R units?

Thanks.

- Richard

Hello Richard...

Please let me know if I may assist you in any way...

All the best...

mls

[email protected]

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think you will find yourself being disappointed with the Atom. Definitely go and give it a listen. The Atom was on my list of possible speakers to buy as well, after a listen it fell to the bottom. Ironically I currently own the x-ls and I am definitely not disappointed, one determining factor was the customer service and the multitude of options coming out for the x-series which made the choice upgrade friendly if I choose to do so at a future time.

·
Registered
584 Posts
pattyosu is right - go and give the Atom a listen.

I actually like the Atom quite a bit, but it may very well be outclassed by some recent ID offerings. Of course, I am led to believe that Paradigm has a "new" Atom in the offering which might tip the scales back in its favor, but I don't know when that is supposed to be available.

Another speaker close to this price range that warrants a listen is the Boston Acoustics CR67. Again, might not be your cup of tea, but it does some things very well.

Bill

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyosu /forum/post/0

I think you will find yourself being disappointed with the Atom. Definitely go and give it a listen.

I've done this. Not a brilliant speaker, but acceptable to my ears.

Found the comparable B&W model to be too bright.

- Richard

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgriel /forum/post/0

... it may very well be outclassed by some recent ID offerings ...

My parlance isn't quite up to date.

'ID' ??

- rg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Make sure you check out the other atom thread.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Picked up some floor Atom V4s last fall, and loved time out of other shelves in my budget. I'll admit, I didn't audition too many, only about 5 pairs, but they were my favourite (not as many easy to get choices up here in Canada...). On that note, after having used them for over 4 months, they are still great, but some of their limitations are coming out (not as crisp and dynamic as I realy want). For the price, I have no regrets. I've seen the new Atoms, and they look very different (bigger with removable grill), not sure how they sound. For surrounds, they would be perfect, but you could probably go slightly cheaper. As mains, I'd try for something higher end if you can afford it, otherwise you can't go wrong with them. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthree /forum/post/0

Make sure you check out the other atom thread.
Which other Atom thread?

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCanuck /forum/post/0

Greetings -

Thanks.

- Richard

Good Evening Richard...

If you are interested - I would be happy to send you a pair for evaluation. I would be pleased of course if you would compare our x-ls to the Atom - but even if you don't... I would be happy to "wade in" with you and allow YOU to be the judge...

Please let me know if you'd like to do this... My dime for the shipping, etc. - of course BOTH WAYS if you decide not to keep the x-ls...

Please do let me know... We are mighty proud of the x-ls and I honestly believe it represents a very good and "honest value" in the marketplace...

Most humbly...

mark

BTW... for those interested - after reading many of the current threads here, and on the av123 forum... I've decided to go RISK FREE after February 1 to those that wish to try our bookshelf models... More about that later... thanks...

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter /forum/post/0

BTW... for those interested - after reading many of the current threads here, and on the av123 forum... I've decided to go RISK FREE after February 1 to those that wish to try our bookshelf models... More about that later... thanks...

That's great news count me in.

--Dean--

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I have the Titans not the Atoms but I can say for sure that compare to the X-LS the Titans are totally outclassed.

Regards

·
Registered
701 Posts
Good Evening Richard...

If you are interested - I would be happy to send you a pair for evaluation. I would be pleased of course if you would compare our x-ls to the Atom - but even if you don't... I would be happy to "wade in" with you and allow YOU to be the judge...

Please let me know if you'd like to do this... My dime for the shipping, etc. - of course BOTH WAYS if you decide not to keep the x-ls...

Please do let me know... We are mighty proud of the x-ls and I honestly believe it represents a very good and "honest value" in the marketplace...

Most humbly...

mark

Thats the kind of deal you will only receive from a "Stand Up" guy!

Hats off to you and your company Mark! I have read nothing but good things about you and your company. At the time I bought my Ascends your xl-s' weren't available, but they were on my short list. Needless to say I am about to begin another system in another room of the house and I think your xl-s' will be the choice. Thanx for being one of the companies that give your industry a good name

·
Registered
3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingndrooling /forum/post/0

Good Evening Richard...

Most humbly...

mark

Thats the kind of deal you will only receive from a "Stand Up" guy!

Hats off to you and your company Mark! I have read nothing but good things about you and your company. At the time I bought my Ascends your xl-s' weren't available, but they were on my short list. Needless to say I am about to begin another system in another room of the house and I think your xl-s' will be the choice. Thanx for being one of the companies that give your industry a good name

Please as well accept my thanks...

It means a lot to me that you said this...

Many thanks from an old industry guy that does (most sincerely so)... CARE.

All the best...

mls

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter /forum/post/0

G

Woa! That should tip a few people in favor of ordering a pair!

That shows a lot of confidence in your products, congrats

Will that offer extend to Canadians or only Americans?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.