AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a used cc to go with my Studio 100 v3's. Could someone please clear up the different versions/model numbers? Are the 470 and 570 old versions of the 590 and 690? Is there a 670? Which ones are Monitor series and which ones are Studio series? Lastly, how detrimental would it be to use a Monitor series cc with my Studio mains. My system is used for 85% music 15% HT. Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The official center which was partnered with the Studio 100's v3 was the CC570.( the cc570 is replaced by the cc590 the cc470 was smaller)

I have one and I love it. You have great speakers it would be a let down to use anything lower than the cc570.

There was no 670 the 570 was the big center at the time.

Regards Knights of Ni

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I auditioned the .v3's and the .v4's together side by side.... they are so much alike, it would be extremely hard to tell the difference. If you can fit a CC-690, as it is a large center it would be worth the money... sonically they are so close it would be a great match. If you have a large room the 690 would be a great fit, if its a smaller room, go for the 590, its also very competent.

I am running Sigs and have a C3 which is the same size as a 590 and its more then powerful enough for my smaller room... I love it...

Not sure what color you are running now, but there is one on Audiogon for a reasonable price.... search audiogon for "paradigm"

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....Center-Channel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I bought my 100's on Audiogon also, and you're right they are awsome speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts