AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I posted a few threads about getting studios and I finally got one. I thought I would have ended up with a set of 40s or 20s. No I ended up with a behemoth center instead. It will definately dwarf my SVS SB-01s. I don't intend on getting the L and Rs yet because I plan on getting a house later and thats when I intend on getting the studio 100s. In any case I bought this from another member on Audiogon. The speaker came in with some damage to the rear port but it was on the underside and seems to be on the outside. I got some pictures...

I was wondering if anyone knows if this is replacable...if I should just glue it back together? These pictures were taken by my roomate. I'm still away on business for another 3 weeks b4 I get back home. He tested it for me and it blew him away. He's used to using a Sony center channel...so he had nothing else to compare it to.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'm confused. These speakers came damaged (they only came on the market six months ago), so just return them to the dealer and get them fixed at no cost.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater /forum/post/16990270

I'm confused. These speakers came damaged (they only came on the market six months ago), so just return them to the dealer and get them fixed at no cost.

the speaker was shipped to me because I got it used from a member on audiogon.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Obviously the port is replaceable...how much of a PITA it will be to replace is unkown. You could certainly try gluing it back together using a quality glue (I've had a lot of luck with Lotctite's Professional Super Glue). If that doesn't work, either don't worry about it or order a replacement from Gary at Paradigm.

J.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually just got a response from Paradigm's tech support. This is what Les said...

"Hi Tuan,

Acoustically the speaker should be fine as long as there no air leaks around the port.

If you are getting air leaks - try sealing them with a putty or other sealant.

The port is glued in place so replacing it would be a very difficult job.

Thanks,

Les"

It took a while but tomorrow I'll be back at my home town and I can see the damage for myself. Hopefully no air is leaking and then I'll just glue the pieces back into place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts