AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

PIO 9040 with Paradigm Cinema 110 speakers. Sub connected via LFE out. Speakers set to small. When placed on standby the sub does not turn on when receiver is turned on and soundtrack is playing.

Called Paradigm and was told " It should work". : ()

I also connected an RCA Y cable to the two inputs on the sub but to no avail.

Any ideas on what I can do to get this to turn on?

Thx

Vito

·
Premium Member
14,195 Posts
Turn down the subwoofer's gain control, then re-calibrate. This should increase the level of the output signal from the receiver and activate the auto-on circuit.

Craig

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thx for the response. When you say recalibrate, do you mean run MCACC? I turned down the gain and ran MCACC but it tells me to turn the SW level up and that it is too low. I left it low and went through the setup. At the end I turned the SW to standby and turned off the avr. Interestingly enough the SW remained powered on but went off after a few minutes. When I turned the avr on the SW stayed off and didn't power on.

If you don't mind could you be more prescriptive with the process I should follow?

Thx

Vito

·
Premium Member
14,195 Posts
Well, it sounds like you did things correctly. When MCACC finished, what was the trim, (level), setting for the sub? If it was a negative number, you could try this: use an SPL meter, set the trim at "0", and adjust the gain on the sub until the SPL meter reads 72 to 75 dB. Then check the speaker levels and ensure they are the same.

If it's still not working, I would say you have a defective auto-on circuit. You have 2 choices; either leave the sub on all the time or turn it on and off manually as needed. Of course, the 3rd option is to get it fixed. If it's under warranty, that's the option I would pursue.

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts