AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I think Tom Danley's DTS 10 would have something to say about that. Heck, I'm sure Mark Seaton's designs could beat those numbers. I'm Canadian, but that claim sounds really stupid.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Please show us where Paradigm makes that claim. That link does not speak for Paradigm.

Here is the product sheet from Paradigm:

http://www.paradigm.com/images/refer...ineVersion.pdf

They do claim it is "The Best Subwoofer in the World, Period." This is obviously an opinion. Once a few of these get out in the hands of reviewers and testers, we'll know more. Sure looks good on paper though.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
the SUB 2 can hit 7Hz frequencies with 112dB output at 10Hz and 126dB at 60Hz

- in a coffin

- at 100% THD

- with a tailwind

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse S /forum/post/18184433

the SUB 2 can hit 7Hz frequencies with 112dB output at 10Hz and 126dB at 60Hz

- in a coffin

- at 100% THD

- with a tailwind

I was thinking the same, especially the 100% THD.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Again.... I challenge the OP to show where Paradigm makes this claim.

Otherwise, I'm calling BS on a thread with a controversial title falsely attributed to a company that never made such a statement.

Also.... I highly doubt a company as large and widely followed as Paradigm would lie about specs. I have no doubt they have accurately measured the sub in question. I would not be so quick to assume false advertising.

·
Banned
139 Posts
I agree...I highly doubt paradigm to blatantly lie about their numbers...they have nothing to gain and everything to lose by doing so. As good as the sub25 is, I would imagine these are in another league altogether...the price obviously comes from the R&D from designing such a piece, along with the massive number of drivers..not that I would be in the market for such a sub, but I am interested in seeing one of these things tested

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies /forum/post/18183737

Please show us where Paradigm makes that claim. That link does not speak for Paradigm.

Here is the product sheet from Paradigm:

http://www.paradigm.com/images/refer...ineVersion.pdf

They do claim it is "The Best Subwoofer in the World, Period." This is obviously an opinion. Once a few of these get out in the hands of reviewers and testers, we'll know more. Sure looks good on paper though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies /forum/post/18184857

Again.... I challenge the OP to show where Paradigm makes this claim.

Otherwise, I'm calling BS on a thread with a controversial title falsely attributed to a company that never made such a statement.

Also.... I highly doubt a company as large and widely followed as Paradigm would lie about specs. I have no doubt they have accurately measured the sub in question. I would not be so quick to assume false advertising.

What is your problem, the OP just posted what is in the link, you are acting like he was the one who wrote it. So people are not allowed to post links any more....

And is it me or can you not understand English? B/c in the link you provided paradigm makes that claim. "The most powerful subwoofer in the world" No quotation marks, but what I would call a claim.

Now that is out of the way, it will be interesting to see what it sounds like.

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
I'm sure Paradigm's marketing department meant to say for its size.

The tailwind might help too ...

·
Registered
870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave /forum/post/18185482

And is it me or can you not understand English?

They don't actually say it is the loudest. I assumed they were talking about the amplifier. Have you seen the video where the SUB 25 amp is used to boil water and make toast?

http://www.soundstagev.com/showvideo...ub25_3&vtype=i

Since the SUB 2 has two of these amplifiers, it probably is the worlds most powerful sub that can cook dinner for the whole family. This will help you convince your wife the SUB 2 is a rational purchase because it clearly can be used for more than one purpose.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfleming /forum/post/18185668

They don't actually say it is the loudest. I assumed they were talking about the amplifier. Have you seen the video where the SUB 25 amp is used to boil water and make toast?

http://www.soundstagev.com/showvideo...ub25_3&vtype=i

Since the SUB has two of these amplifiers, it probably is the worlds most powerful sub to cook dinner for the whole family. This will help you convince your wife the SUB 2 is a reasonable purchase because it can be used for more than one purpose.

That was a good one lol

the review is pretty good thou

·
Registered
726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave /forum/post/18185482

What is your problem, the OP just posted what is in the link, you are acting like he was the one who wrote it. So people are not allowed to post links any more....

And is it me or can you not understand English? B/c in the link you provided paradigm makes that claim. "The most powerful subwoofer in the world" No quotation marks, but what I would call a claim.

Sorry but it is YOU who cannot understand English!

The OP said that Paradigm claimed "The Worlds Loudest Subwoofer". I'm still waiting to see that contention supported by facts.

You quote the Paradigm fact sheet, and in it, Paradigm claims "World's most powerful Subwoofer". They DO NOT claim it is the Loudest.

If you can find another Sub that is more powerful, I would like to see it.

More to the point, please show me where Paradigm claims to have the Loudest sub?

Here is a link to an online dictionary where you can find out the difference between "Loudest" and "Most Powerful":

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

·
Registered
870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies /forum/post/18185728

Here is a link to an online dictionary where you can find out the difference between "Loudest" and "Most Powerful"

Hey, be nice to JapanDave. We are all here just here to have fun.

·
Registered
726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfleming /forum/post/18185752

Hey, be nice to JapanDave. We are all here just here to have fun.

If he wants me to be nice to him, he can withhold his insults about my Engwish!

1 - 20 of 184 Posts