AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if I could get any input or advice. I had just purchased a paradigm dsp 3200 about three weeks ago for my setup. I love it and have no complaints, recently my brother ca,me over for a listen ,and wants a sub for his home as well, he offered to buy my sub for what I paid for it, now should i re-invest in another 3200 or upgrade to a dsp3400? Will I notice enough of a difference for the bit of extra cost it will be?will it give me some lower bass freq? or will it be a waist of cash?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV DRAGON /forum/post/19645867


was wondering if I could get any input or advice. I had just purchased a paradigm dsp 3200 about three weeks ago for my setup. I love it and have no complaints, recently my brother ca,me over for a listen ,and wants a sub for his home as well, he offered to buy my sub for what I paid for it, now should i re-invest in another 3200 or upgrade to a dsp3400? Will I notice enough of a difference for the bit of extra cost it will be?will it give me some lower bass freq? or will it be a waist of cash?

What is the rest of your system? If you're going to upgrade step up to a Sub 12 - it will exceed the performance of your 3200 and most likely that of the 3400 as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 519audiofan /forum/post/19646064


What is the rest of your system? If you're going to upgrade step up to a Sub 12 - it will exceed the performance of your 3200 and most likely that of the 3400 as well.

Denon 2310

paradigm cc330 center

paradigmcc210 l+r

paradigm adp ? surrounds, cant remember model lol


sub 12 will prolly be a big jump in cost correct?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,369 Posts

Quote:
I had just purchased a paradigm dsp 3200 about three weeks ago for my setup. I love it and have no complaints ... should i re-invest in another 3200 or upgrade to a dsp3400? Will I notice enough of a difference for the bit of extra cost it will be?will it give me some lower bass freq? or will it be a waist of cash?

The 3400 should dig deeper and hit a bit harder than the 3200. Do you find your 3200 lacking enough to make you want to upgrade? How much of an upgrade (dollar-wise) are you looking at? (I have no idea what 3200s and 3400s go for in the States.)


If it were my money and my HT room, I'd pick up the Servo-15 v2 that's currently listed on Audiogon for $1K. It will beat out the 3200 and 3400, and even the Sub-12*.


(*A buddy of mine bought a brand new Sub-12 for his HT set-up. Then he (and I) had the opportunity to hear a used Servo-15 v2 in his HT room back-to-back with his Sub-12. He kept the Servo - it was noticeably better.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Iam a fellow canuck as well lol.cost will be $150.00extra for the 3400, and thats at the end of my budget, I know I could get better if i go over that 1K mark but no go for me,xmas is close and gifts for wife and kids more important lol I dont find my 320 lacking but thought since i had a few extra $$ I would make a jump to the next model?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,369 Posts

Quote:
hey Iam a fellow canuck as well lol.

Cool.


Quote:
cost will be $150.00extra for the 3400, and thats at the end of my budget, I know I could get better if i go over that 1K mark but no go for me,xmas is close and gifts for wife and kids more important lol I dont find my 320 lacking but thought since i had a few extra $$ I would make a jump to the next model?

If you were unhappy with your 3200, I'd say go for the 3400. Since you're happy with it, IMO you should keep it - and keep enjoying it - and save up (or don't
) for the day you decide it's time for something different / more powerful.

 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top