AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty much stuck in here.

Price is almost same for both.

My Current equipment is : Denon 3311 with a 7.1 Set Up, Room Measuring 14' X 14'. Ceiling Height 9.5'. 70% HT 30 % MUSIC. Minimal Acoustics in the room, practically none.

I would like to watch movies with a thump ( room Shaking Bass ). Currently using Polk Audio DSW pro 600. Which doesn't sound as exciting !!!

I really don't have any option besides these brands as SVS is not available here in INDIA.

The Big Question Here is which one should i go for DSP 3400 or DEQ15R / CHT 15R. Or DSP 3200 could also solve the job.

HOw much difference would i hear upgrading from the brand like Polk to Paradigm or Velodyne.

Thanks

Gaurav

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I had a room a little bit bigger than yours and I bought the dsp-3400 last year. I thought it was great but the upgrade bug came along again before 2 months had passed and I ended up selling it for $100 loss. I now have two sealed 15's and I'm much happier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 /forum/post/20741751

I had a room a little bit bigger than yours and I bought the dsp-3400 last year. I thought it was great but the upgrade bug came along again before 2 months had passed and I ended up selling it for $100 loss. I now have two sealed 15's and I'm much happier.

You mean to say now you have two Velodynes DEQ/CHT 15R.!!

How is it doing with movies, and does it trouble you in the lower end scenes in some of the movies....

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If you are interested there is a HSU Research seller in India.

The Audire Technologies website is www.audire.in , and the company is located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thaks for your reply.....

I am seriously stuck between the two....since i have to take money from the dealer and i dont have much options except Velo and Paradigm !!!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravavroom /forum/post/0

You mean to say now you have two Velodynes DEQ/CHT 15R.!!

How is it doing with movies, and does it trouble you in the lower end scenes in some of the movies....

I never said I had velodynes. I just wasn't impressed with the dsp3400. If you can get hsu in India do that.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
The lower end velodynes will be comparable to your current Polk. Velodyne doesn't get good untill the DD or Optimum line but even then they are much better with music then HT dynamics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts