AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While getting ready for my new home's main theater setup, I've been searching for some low profile on-wall speakers that have the perfect balance of both great aesthetics and solid performance. I've heard a few mentions of the Paradigm Millenia LPs, with rumors swirling that they will be released in the aug/sept timeframe. Google picked up that Paradigm has posted the owner's manual on their website, which is a good sign:

http://www.paradigm.com/joomdoc/prod.../owners-manual

Anyone else interested in these speakers? At less than 2" thick, they are about as sexy as you can get for wall mounts. But I'm worried that there isn't enough design in the world to get around the physical limitations. Also, I haven't seen any pricing, so I don't have any idea if they will kill the budget. Has anyone seen more information about these svelt speakers, or even heard them in person?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relleum
While getting ready for my new home's main theater setup, I've been searching for some low profile on-wall speakers that have the perfect balance of both great aesthetics and solid performance. I've heard a few mentions of the Paradigm Millenia LPs, with rumors swirling that they will be released in the aug/sept timeframe. Google picked up that Paradigm has posted the owner's manual on their website, which is a good sign:

http://www.paradigm.com/joomdoc/prod.../owners-manual

Anyone else interested in these speakers? At less than 2" thick, they are about as sexy as you can get for wall mounts. But I'm worried that there isn't enough design in the world to get around the physical limitations. Also, I haven't seen any pricing, so I don't have any idea if they will kill the budget. Has anyone seen more information about these svelt speakers, or even heard them in person?

These are a brand new product, probably will be shown at CEDIA. If they are priced like their hybrid brothers, you are looking at $550 each. The biggest limitation, as with all on wall or in walls, is going to be bass, and a fixed soundstage. The Millenia hybrids sound very good, we just run into problems with them in family rooms as walls have duct work, plumbing, etc. These should solve those problems very well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relleum /forum/post/20780795

The release is definitely imminent. Still no word on msrp or street price?

MSRP is $499 each; pretty steep. I'll have to compare them against other low profile speakers before taking the plunge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.