AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently purchased a pair of paradigm monitor 11 v2 speakers. These speakers sound pretty freaking awesome in my current setup compared to the polk rm6750 bookshelf 5.1 in a box they replaced. one thing that i am finding and having a hard time fixing is that they do not seem to produse a great deal of low end bass. i am not sure if this has to do with the way my yamaha rx-v671 dialed them in when running auto cal or if they just are weak in bass.

running with my sub all is well but if i go pure direct and it is 2 channel, there is minimal bass. it is there but i cant help but think there should be WAY more than what is there.

i apologize for the newb question, but is this a receiver setup thing because of auto cal or are these speakers just light on the bass(even though there are 3 6.5inch woofers in each tower.)

·
Registered
231 Posts
In your receiver, are the front speakers set to small?

See p.90: http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&asset_id=46211

If they are set to small, the receiver won't send low frequency signals to the front speakers, below whatever cutoff you've set. Change them to large and they will get the full signal.
Can't speak to Yamaha, but on my Pioneer, "Direct" uses the sub [not sure about EQ] and "Pure Direct" uses only the two front speakers and bypasses the EQ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts