Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was just wondering what do you guys think of these speakers? I auditioned them today and I liked both of them. I find the paradigms are really clear and accurate, along with the B&W. Iam matching them with a servo 15 and Anthem avm 20v2 with a pva 7. I am building a 7.1 set up and my room is 30x22x8. I want speakers to last me for a long time. I am using them for ht set up 50/50 (music/movies). I noticed a difference in the paradigms when he changed rooms to hook them up the the anthem and they sounded clearer and had more bass. (It was with the same song).

What are your experiences whith these speakers?

Thanks GOLDEN-EAGLE!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you like them both...I say let it be an emotional choice and never look back. The best advice is always buy the best quality speaker that sounds the best to YOU and no one else. I have had great luck and enjoyment with the Paradigms in the past, but you must choose the one that really makes you feel best about what you hear. GOOD LUCK!:)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Monitor 7's and the studio 20's should be very close in price. I would pick the studio 20's over the 7's if it is a possibility that you could upgrade and move those to the back in the future. If not, it would be a close pick. I would still probably choose the 20's since you have a kickin', clean, fast sub. I have the 20's now with the 100's on the way. The 20's sound great, but they lack the fullness of the 100's in music. I had the 7semk3 that paradigm made right before the monitor line. I would choose the studio 20's any day for music and HT. There's no contest. The newer monitor 7's should be a bit better than my older 7's.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello

Thanks for the replies. I am going to take a look at the studios, and see what I can get. Im going to stick with the monitor 7 cause I don't need to buy stands for the B&Ws. Also should I get the Rotel Rsp-1066 instead of the Avm 20 and use the money saved to get the monitor 11s, studio series?

Thanks GOLDEN-EAGLE!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I own the Monitor 7s and like them. I chose them over the B&W 602.5 becuase although I thought the B&W was slightly better on music they were not 20% better (the price difference).

If you do save $ on the Pro don't spend it to got to 11s. Go to the studio series. All the 11s really give is more volume and bass. You already have a great sub so Studios will give you better sound than going farther up the Monitor line (IMO)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello

Thanks for the reply. I am going to go with the studio 40s and studio-cc with the servo for my set up. I calculated the total price with tax and found out that that set up with the rotel rsp-1066 and pva7 is 2000 cheaper than the monitor with avm 20 set up.

Thanks GOLDEN-EAGLE!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Look into getting the 60's. 40's with stands cost about the same as the 60's. Decide based on which sounds the best to you. I think you're making the right decision with getting the Studios. I think they are much better than the monitor line. I can't comment on the rotel versus anthem.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello

Jamey F I want to apologize for changing the post, I noitced that you posted when I was making my change.

GOLDEN-EAGLE

·
Registered
303 Posts
NP...I changed mine to reflect your changes :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If your budget is limited, and you already have a very capable subwoofer such as the Servo-15, I would consider standmounted/bookshelf monitor speakers rather than floorstanders. For the money, bookshelf speakers are usually better than floostanders. Floorstanders only start to become better at a higher price.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I also have the monitor7, and I like them very much. However, I have auditioned the studio 20 and 60 series. I believe the studio20 with a good subwoofer will produce a less fatiguing sound for longer listening sessions.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Goi
If your budget is limited, and you already have a very capable subwoofer such as the Servo-15, I would consider standmounted/bookshelf monitor speakers rather than floorstanders. For the money, bookshelf speakers are usually better than floostanders. Floorstanders only start to become better at a higher price.
I don't think this is always true.

Monitor 5s plaus stands were nearly the same price as Monitor 7s which have better bass response , the same upper and mid and have a higher efficiency. Don't forget about the cost of stands to mount those speakers on!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello

I was just wondering if anyone knew the price for the stands that come with the Studio 40s. In Canadian dollars? I might even get my friend to build me some satnds since he has all of the material and machinery to build them.

Thanks GOLDEN-EAGLE!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Golden Eagle:

I would be much interested to know how your decision came about to go for Studio 40 all around. These are 2.5 way speakers as opposed to Studio 20 which are 2 way speakers. You are going for Servo 15 sub which is a good sub which takes care of the lower freqs. So what made you decide to go for 2.5 way studio 40s?

I do not have an oppurtunity to audition them side by side. I am deciding between having a pair of Studio 40 and Studio 20 as opposed to Studio 20 all round or even your choice of studio 40 all round. In all cases with a Studio CC, of course.

Your views and of any others would be much appreciated.

Perry

·
Registered
757 Posts
i do not think that the studio 40 is worth the price difference from the studio 20. i also felt that the studio 40's were being wasted as surrounds. it would make me sick to spend that much on a surround speaker, but sometimes that is the norm here.

studio 20 all the way around is all you need.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello

I decided to go with the studio 40s because I liked the sound of them better than 20s. The 20s were amazing but I liked the power of the 40s. I do listen to lots of music so they would benift for surrounds. I went with the same speaker all the way around because you get better timber matching beacuse they are the same speaker so they should sound the same. Also you are paying for quantity and quality. You are getting 3 drivers opposed to 2. Like I said Perry777 both speakers are amazing I just liked the sound of the studio 40s better. Also like I said above I am paying once and only once. Perry777 what ever set up you go with you will enjoy the studios and not regret it. What kind of set up are you making (5.1, 7.1)? and what is the size of your room?

GOLDEN-EAGLE!

·
Registered
859 Posts
well i also think you wasted some extra cash by opting for the 40s for the surrounds.. although it maybe useful for multichannel music.

But yeah. Enjoy!!!

from what i understand, you opted for the PVA 7s? That's a nice choice of amplifier there...

I have the MCA 20s (2 x 220 wpc). They're powering a pair of Energy Speakers.

One thing i like about the Anthems is that they manage to tame the bright Paradigm tweeters. And they also manage to control Paradigm's bass drivers.. (Paradigms are known for their bass extensions that would be boomy with bad amplifiers). i think they were specifically made to complement each other.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello

Thanks for the reply. I am going to get my friend to build me some stands so I can save money. I also forgot to mention that my dealer is giving my discounts, When I go pick up the system. Thank you all for your help. When I get my system I will let you guys know.

Thanks again

GOLDEN-EAGLE!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Metalaaron, GreatBop & Golden Eagle:

Many thanks for your views.

My room is 15 by 21 (feet). Starting out with 5.1 and then to 7.1 later. I have in mind also to play SACDs and DVD-As along with CDs and DVD movies.

Therefore, I would opt for the Studio 40s all round only if these are a better choice in such an application but not otherwise.

If studio 20 would suffice I could use the money saved towards the purchase of Rotel RSX 1055 instead of Denon 3803.

In all cases they would be used with a good musical subwoofer.

Best regards to all

Perry

Bye the way Golden Eagle:

I have been looking at flower pot stands made of solid concrete. There are many ornamental designs because these are all made in a cast. Various heights are available. Some of them have a 6-12 inch square top with a broader base. Very firm and solid. There are also ceramic ones but are hollow and would have to be filled up. If they could blend in you would not be able to find a more stable metal stands, unless you are willing to pay high prices.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.