AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I am new to home theater and want to set up my first system. I have the following questions and hope fellow readers who have experience with this line can give their thoughts.

1)What receiver would you recommend to compliment the following(Paradigm Monitor 9 vs.6 fronts,cc390 center channel and Monitor Titans in the rear for a 5.1 system used 75% for movies but 25% music also?

2)What AV cabinet line has a storage compartment that can house the large 8.5" x 40" center channel? I was hoping for a cherry wood cabinet with some glass to keep dust off of the other components. 58" Plasma will sit on top of av cabinet.

3) Is the center channel cc-390 a real upgrade over the cc-290?

4) What line and model of sub woofer would you recommend?

Thank You!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
1) Marantz/Denon

2) No idea

3) I'd say so....you have regrets?

4) Check out the subwoofer forum...lots to choose from, depending on budget.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all,

I have set up my first HT at my living room (5' x 20') in December 2008 with Samsung LCD, Onkyo receiver and HK 5.1 speaker. (I have any other audio system for music in Basement)

Reading comment from you guys, I have bought the Monitor 9 V6 and c290 and received yesterday to replace the front and centre. What a huge difference in all aspect even before the break-in period of the Paradigm. I am in the same situation as something is biting me to upgrade my present AV receiver if my friend is kind enough to take it home. Anyway the Paradigm babies are very high efficency, details and sound in still good in the high end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts