AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying a pair of Atom monitors for my PC setup in the next month or so but am having trouble deciding between the v6s or s.7s.

I have heard mixed reports on which are better, some have said that the s.7s have boomy bass and slightly more recessed mids but better treble while others have said the s.7s are better than the v6s in every way.

I would like to get some more opinions on the matter.

Edit: I am unable to audition the v6s as they are no longer available at any local dealers. If enough people say they are better than the s7's, i will be ordering them from Ebay.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I can't speak on the S7s, but in a 2.0 setup the Atoms v6 are acceptable to my listening tastes. They lack any real bass w/o a sub that is matched/configured to them. They do well when pushed a bit, but I haven't ever need to take them too far in my listening.

Sucks you can audition them to compare. Is there any features in the data sheet(s) you think might lean you one way or the other?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Monitor 7 v6's in my home theater and i enjoy them but i have never heard any of the Atoms nor any of the s.7 Monitors. I prefer the look the of s.7's but like i said, i have heard/seen mixed reports on the sound quality (or lack thereof).

The s.7's look better on paper but listed specs are quite often misleading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts