AVS Forum banner

22261 - 22280 of 40451 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonForwick /forum/post/0


Ok posting this as a long shot but what the hell.... does anyone know of any good low rise tv/audio stands, something that is at least 6-8 ft wide (and maybe 14 to 18" high), that has a center shelf large/strong enough to accomodate a paradigm studio cc-570 (or something of similar size)? Looking for an attractive unit that can house my av equipment and support a paradigm center and still look nice (and modern).


Thnx

I don't know the size of a 570 but I think a 590 fits in this. http://www.furnitech.com/2010/CC/ft72cclgimage.htm


Available in Ebonized Cherry Wood,

Light Cherry, Natural Cherry

or Wenge Finish.


Overall Dimensions:

70" W x 23" H x 17.7" D


Usable Interior Dimensions

For Channel Speaker Compartment:

9.96" H x 29.84" W x 15.75" D


Usable Interior Cabinet Dimensions:

17.72" H x 18.58" W x 16.14" D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
I bought the v6 Monitor line awhile back. Monitor 9's, CC-290, ADP-390's, and 12" sub. I'm wondering if it would be worth it now to grab a CC-390 before they are gone? Can anyone that has upgraded from CC-290 to CC-390 notice an improvement for movies?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrecognized /forum/post/20850754


i dont think they've gone up again -- pretty sure that was the cost from the last bump. the signatures are the same for sure...

Prices have increased pretty much across the board. I normally get current pricing from Audio Emporium's catalog available on their website: http://www.audioemporium.com/


I've summarized the current US prices for the Signature and Studio Lines below (prices inlcude 'base/premium' finishes)


Signature V3

S1 – 2000/2200

S2 – 3200/3400

S6 – 6000/6600

S8 – 8600/9400

C1 – 1500/1600

C3 – 2500/2700

C5 – 4300/4500

ADP-1 – 2600/2800

ADP-3 – 4000/4600

Sub 25 – 4900/5200

Sub 1 – 4500/5000

Sub 2 – 9000/9500


Studio V5

Stduio 10 – 1000/1100

Studio 20 – 1400/1500

Studio 60 – 2400/2600

Studio 100 – 3500/3800

CC 490 – 850/950

CC 590 – 1300/1400

CC 690 – 1700/1850

ADP-590 – 1600

Sub 12 – 2300/2500

Sub 15 – 3200/3400
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov /forum/post/0



Prices have increased pretty much across the board. I normally get current pricing from Audio Emporium's catalog available on their website: http://www.audioemporium.com/


I've summarized the current US prices for the Signature and Studio Lines below (prices inlcude 'base/premium' finishes)


Signature V3

S1 - 2000/2200

S2 - 3200/3400

S6 - 6000/6600

S8 - 8600/9400

C1 - 1500/1600

C3 - 2500/2700

C5 - 4300/4500

ADP-1 - 2600/2800

ADP-3 - 4000/4600

Sub 25 - 4900/5200

Sub 1 - 4500/5000

Sub 2 - 9000/9500


Studio V5

Stduio 10 - 1000/1100

Studio 20 - 1400/1500

Studio 60 - 2400/2600

Studio 100 - 3500/3800

CC 490 - 850/950

CC 590 - 1300/1400

CC 690 - 1700/1850

ADP-590 - 1600

Sub 12 - 2300/2500

Sub 15 - 3200/3400

NOTE: There are a few errors in the above. For example, the Signature Sub25 is $4699 in cherry, or $4999 in gloss black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcheese_bbq
Hey guys quick question. Someone has a pair of studio 40 v3 with stands for $550. Is this a good deal? And how do these sound? Thanks everyone!
A buddy of mine sold his pair of v3 20's (no stands) in the last year or year and a half for that much. There is very little sonic difference between the v3 and v4 Studios. I have v4 studios for my HT and love them. Not as good as my S8's, but they cost a heck of a lot less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcheese_bbq
Hey guys quick question. Someone has a pair of studio 40 v3 with stands for $550. Is this a good deal? And how do these sound? Thanks everyone!
Yeah I paid about that for my Studio 20 v3 with no stands but they came with the 5 year warranty. They sound incredible so I would not hesitate to get them. If you can find a matching cc570 you will be very happy. I love my 570 and will never go back to the little centers I had before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcheese_bbq /forum/post/20857348


Hey guys quick question. Someone has a pair of studio 40 v3 with stands for $550. Is this a good deal? And how do these sound? Thanks everyone!

That's about right, maybe a bit low since stands are included. I have Studio 40 v.4, which go for about $700 without stands when you can find them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov /forum/post/20852597


Prices have increased pretty much across the board. I normally get current pricing from Audio Emporium's catalog available on their website: http://www.audioemporium.com/


I've summarized the current US prices for the Signature and Studio Lines below (prices inlcude 'base/premium' finishes)


Signature V3

S1 - 2000/2200

S2 - 3200/3400

S6 - 6000/6600

S8 - 8600/9400

C1 - 1500/1600

C3 - 2500/2700

C5 - 4300/4500

ADP-1 - 2600/2800

ADP-3 - 4000/4600

Sub 25 - 4900/5200

Sub 1 - 4500/5000

Sub 2 - 9000/9500


Studio V5

Stduio 10 - 1000/1100

Studio 20 - 1400/1500

Studio 60 - 2400/2600

Studio 100 - 3500/3800

CC 490 - 850/950

CC 590 - 1300/1400

CC 690 - 1700/1850

ADP-590 - 1600

Sub 12 - 2300/2500

Sub 15 - 3200/3400

Goodness, they have gone up (by $200 to $500 on the Studios as far as I know. The MSRP on the Studio 100s v5 was $3300 when I was looking at them about 3 to 4 months ago)! Well, that scraps my plans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
anyone heard the sa-15r's


Im thnking about putting them into my system in the living room but I dont know how well they will perfrom comparted to the adp 590s


any help is welcome thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Showroom stocked with the new monitor series. Sound just awesome hit hard and reach down real low. The Paradigm rep was saying they built these v7 with the though that you might not have a sub condo/apartment living.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooley /forum/post/0


Showroom stocked with the new monitor series. Sound just awesome hit hard and reach down real low. The Paradigm rep was saying they built these v7 with the though that you might not have a sub condo/apartment living.

Wonder if they are a huge difference in sound compared to the v.6 since it hasn't been too long since I bought a 5.1 v6 system!! Lol. Makes me want to sell my system and upgrade to the v7's but it's probly not worth it hopefully!! Haha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylz25 /forum/post/20860284


Wonder if they are a huge difference in sound compared to the v.6 since it hasn't been too long since I bought a 5.1 v6 system!! Lol. Makes me want to sell my system and upgrade to the v7's but it's probly not worth it hopefully!! Haha.

I was going to seriously considering upgrading to the Series 7 (because I have a friend offering good money for my current v6 setup).....but the lack of a large center speaker quickly ended that thought. I absolutely love my CC-390, and while some think it is overkill and unnecessary, I say nay!



I understand Paradigm's reasoning as to why they did not make a large center for the Series 7 line (because the CC-390 doesn't fit standard or even higher end entertainment stands) but it doesn't mean I agree. Oh well. Guess when I save up enough for Studio series I can upgrade to another large center
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylz25 /forum/post/0



Wonder if they are a huge difference in sound compared to the v.6 since it hasn't been too long since I bought a 5.1 v6 system!! Lol. Makes me want to sell my system and upgrade to the v7's but it's probly not worth it hopefully!! Haha.

The difference in sound is night and day v7 sound way better clearer louder. I did not think the new center 3 would be close to the cc-390 but it only took me 10 min to swap out the 390 with the 3 in our home show room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
My monitor 9's, cc190, pdr100 all sound great but my adp 190's sound harsh(tweeters). Any suggestions for crossover setting or could it be something else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hello to all , I´m new at this forum , I always had paradigm speakers always like how they sound. Recently I complete the 7.1 setup but i don´t know for sure what´s speaker is more suitable for the surround position and the back surround position.

The room is 10´ by 10´ and my speakers are :

Monitor 9

monitor cc-190 center

monitor atom

and cinema adp


Well my doubt is which are most appropriated adp or atom for surround l/r or for surround back l/r in 7.1 setup?

hope can assist me thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_ax /forum/post/20861155


Hello to all , I´m new at this forum , I always had paradigm speakers always like how they sound. Recently I complete the 7.1 setup but i don´t know for sure what´s speaker is more suitable for the surround position and the back surround position.

The room is 10´ by 10´ and my speakers are :

Monitor 9

monitor cc-190 center

monitor atom

and cinema adp


Well my doubt is which are most appropriated adp or atom for surround l/r or for surround back l/r in 7.1 setup?

hope can assist me thanks in advance.

You should use the ADPs as the side surrounds and the atoms as the back surrounds. The side channels are meant to be diffuse whereas the back channels are meant to be somewhat more localized.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
which is better setup for 7.1?

1.

a) 2 x studio 60 and cc690

b)2 x studio 100 with cc590


+


2.

a) studio 20 x 4

b) 2 x adp 590 & 2 x studio 10


my living room is about 20ft x 20ft
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Montana /forum/post/20861947


which is better setup for 7.1?

1.

a) 2 x studio 60 and cc690

b)2 x studio 100 with cc590


+


2.

a) studio 20 x 4

b) 2 x adp 590 & 2 x studio 10


my living room is about 20ft x 20ft

I would go with 1-a and 2-b, particularly if you're going to get a sub. The 100s over the 60 are mostly adding low end, which is great if you're going 2.0, but less useful if you're going 5.1. The 690 is a beast and I would definitely go with it if you have the room, rather than the 590 and 100s.


For the surrounds, I like the ADPs for the diffuse sound, but not everyone does. So I'd go with the surrounds that are meant to be surrounds, rather than the 20s which aren't.
 
22261 - 22280 of 40451 Posts
Top