AVS Forum banner

25741 - 25760 of 38835 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22510280

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybenz  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25710#post_22509527

For $100 more you can pick up a pair of Monitor 11 v.6 on Audiogon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This. Used versions of v6 or v7 are not much more.

gomike, if you have a good receiver or amp, definitely try to snag those 11's on Agon. I have heard those driven by an Anthem before and for $600 they are a steal for the condition they are in. But if it was Mr, I would stay away from v.7's. They seem to be having some QC issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybenz  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22510630

Yeah, your receiver is definitely clipping. I suggest you stop pushing it so hard and set your speakers to small. Otherwise you will damage your speakers. The Denon you have is not meant to push high SPL when speakers are set to large and driving 5 channels. That's asking a lot, even from a high end receiver with class D amps. Before you do anything, set your speakers to small and try not to push them so hard. Then look for a receiver that puts out more power. Keep in mind, receivers, 99% of the time can't put out their rated power continuously without clipping.

A powered sub seems like it would help my situation considerably. I could set my speakers to small (as you recommend) and let the amp in the sub handle the low-end stuff.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybenz  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22510633

gomike, if you have a good receiver or amp, definitely try to snag those 11's on Agon. I have heard those driven by an Anthem before and for $600 they are a steal for the condition they are in. But if it was Mr, I would stay away from v.7's. They seem to be having some QC issues.

I am going to get the Denon AVR-1913 today, will that handle those speakers?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybenz  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22512167

How loud do you listen? How far back from the speakers do you sit? Do you have a sub?

Who are you asking?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Today's lesson children is "Always by receivers with Pre-Outs". That way, you can add amps.

GoMike: I don't know what your budget is or what that particular receiver costs: but I highly recommend you consider the above advice given that you are replacing your receiver over power concerns.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLove  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22512643

Today's lesson children is "Always by receivers with Pre-Outs". That way, you can add amps.

GoMike: I don't know what your budget is or what that particular receiver costs: but I highly recommend you consider the above advice given that you are replacing your receiver over power concerns.

Pre Out's are the only way to go. I plan to add a outboard amp for my new Inspiration's.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLove  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22512643

I just sold my Denon AVR-591 and will be upgrading to a receiver with pre-outs so I have the option to add amps down the road. Now it's a matter of finding the an affordable receiver with pre-outs. I think if I stick with Denon I'm going to have to pay somewhere in the $800-$1000 dollar range.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the responses thus far, I do have a sub, I do not listen very loud, mainly movies, I know those Monitors 11s for sale are a steal but with shipping it will be at least $700. What are a couple of mains that would compliment my CC-370 for around $300

·
Registered
265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomike  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22513291

Thanks for the responses thus far, I do have a sub, I do not listen very loud, mainly movies, I know those Monitors 11s for sale are a steal but with shipping it will be at least $700. What are a couple of mains that would compliment my CC-370 for around $300

Some used Titan v.6 if you can find them. The guy is accepting offers though. I know you listed $600 as the top of your price range, if you can negotiate with the guy for $600 and change, it would be a great upgrade. In the past I haven't had much trouble getting as much as 35% off of the asking price on Audiogon, especially when the listing was nearing expiration.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22513163

Pre Out's are the only way to go. I plan to add a outboard amp for my new Inspiration's.

+99999. A receiver without preouts severely limits ability to upgrade speakers, let alone amps.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybenz  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22510633

Made in china thats why stupid move on paradigms part

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybenz  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22513354

+99999. A receiver without preouts severely limits ability to upgrade speakers, let alone amps.
\

I remmeber my 1120k Pionner AVR having pre out's. Now i don't see any of the cheaper Pioneer AVR's with pre out's.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22513544

\

I remmeber my 1120k Pionner AVR having pre out's. Now i don't see any of the cheaper Pioneer AVR's with pre out's.

Yeah, that 1120 was the first generation of non-Elite receivers that came with preouts. Now their Elite line includes cheaper quality receivers with just an Elite badge slapped on them. Its a shame, as the badge seems to not stand for quality anymore.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomike  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22513291

Are you interested in towers only? Would you consider bookshelves with stands? (Forgive me if you stated so and I missed it).

·
Registered
7,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybenz  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22513350

Does anyone know if the Signature v.1 and v.2 use the same midrange driver?

No they don't danny....

The .v1's have the polypropylene mid range, and the .v2 & .v3's use the "CoPal" metallic mid driver...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks Warpdrv. I read your reply to my PM. Thanks for your input. It was very helpful. I put my Sig's up for sale in the classified a few weeks back, but no bites yet. Maybe I should try to get another audition of the Song Tower RT's. My room however, has a warm sound with soft surfaces, carpet and a low ceiling with drywall and matte paint. I'm also waiting to do an in home audition of the N2X for a 2-channel system.

Until then, I need a replacement midrange(the yellow colored 7.5 inch from the v.1 Signatures) driver on one of my speakers. I've emailed dealers in my , but none replied back yet. By any chance does anyone know if Paradigm still has any in stock?

·
Registered
818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazExprez  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25680#post_22493220

I currently have a 7.3 Paradigm surround system installed. I would like to update it to 11.3. I have 2 Monitor 11 V.2 for LR, 1 CC-370 V.2 for C, 4 ADP-370 V.2 for SL, SR, SBL, and SBR, and 3 PW-2200 V.1 subwoofers. I recently purchased 2 Monitor Mini V.2 for FW, but haven't installed them, yet. I bought these because they timbre match the rest of my speakers.

I would have liked to have used Monitor Mini V.2 speakers for FH, but I really cannot fit them where I need them installed. In the HT room, I have a low ceiling that is about 7' high, a wall of closets in the front of the room, and a pull down screen in front of the doors. When the doors open, there is a very small clearance of less than 9" between the ceiling and the top of the doors, so I cannot really use a set of Monitor Mini V.2 speakers for FH.

I have been thinking of using Nanosat Prestige speakers, but they may be overpowered by my other speakers. I have also seen PSB Image B4, Paradigm MilleniaOne, and Energy V Mini speakers mentioned on this forum. These would all fit and they are all lightweight.

I have also been considering the Paradigm Atom Monitor V.7, but it may be too heavy. I may need to install the FH speakers with wall anchors because I don't think there are any wall studs where I would like to mount them. Would the Atom V.7 be too heavy to mount without any studs? Also, I believe Paradigm never released matching Atom speakers for the rest of the V.2 Monitor series. The Atom Monitor V.2 are different from the Monitor V.2 that I have. Would these Atom V.7 speakers sound too distinct and distracting with the rest of my speakers? Also, if I can still find Atom V.6 speakers, should I get those instead?

Also, are there any other speakers that I should be considering for FH? I would like them to be 7", or less, wide, if possible.

Btw, I am planning on mounting the FH speakers horizontally, so that I can have more speaker choices.

I use my system mostly for movies and I like to listen to it at reference volume most of the time.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Bump.

25741 - 25760 of 38835 Posts