·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi Warp, long time no see!

·
Registered
515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybenz  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22513350

Does anyone know if the Signature v.1 and v.2 use the same midrange driver?

Yes they do. The change in Mid-range drivers occurred b/w the V2 and the V3. From Paradigm's product spec sheets....

V1 / V2:

178-mm (7 in) Co-Pal™ cobalt-infused pure-aluminum

cone; ferro-fluid damped / cooled; ATC™ asymmetric

tapered dual-channel die-cast aluminum chamber;

solid aluminum phase plug; super neodymium

magnets; two-layer 38-mm (1-1/2 in) rigid, low-mass

voice coil; AVS™ die-cast heatsink chassis;

IMS / SHOCK-MOUNT™

V3.

178-mm (7 in) Co-PAL™ cone, ferro-fluid

damped / cooled, ATC™ chambers,

38-mm (1-1/2 in) dual-layer voice-coil,

super-neodymium ring magnets, AVS™

die-cast heatsink chassis,

IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT™

So, the V1 / V2. had a true solid aluminum phase-plug design (claimed to minimize distortion) whereas the V3. has a less-complex, probably less costly design utilizing a traditional dust cap that appears to be anodized so as to look much like a phase plug

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my MilleniaOne questions in the past. But after a kinda surreal audition experience at a dealer I have even more questions!

The immediate issue with my current HT setup is getting the clearest dialog possible. That, and the TV is off center from the seating makes the small (directable) center/sats like the MilleniaOne ideal. One thing that concern me are the high sat-sub crossovers values I see in reviews. That, and they vary so much from review to review, showing suitable x-over values such as 96Hz, 120Hz, and even 140Hz.

Regarding the MIlleniaOnes, I'm interested in how others are using them... (a) What amp (or pre/amp combo) and (b) What sub crossover frequency are you using?

I'm open to any suggestion too!

Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22518677

Yes they do. The change in Mid-range drivers occurred b/w the V2 and the V3. From Paradigm's product spec sheets....

V1 / V2:

IMS / SHOCK-MOUNT™

V3.

IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT™

So, the V1 / V2. had a true solid aluminum phase-plug design (claimed to minimize distortion) whereas the V3. has a less-complex, probably less costly design utilizing a traditional dust cap that appears to be anodized so as to look much like a phase plug

Thanks! I called multiple dealers, none of who called me back with availability. But, if the v.2 use the same drivers, then thete should be a better chance of them having replacements.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarkin_dc  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22519030

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my MilleniaOne questions in the past. But after a kinda surreal audition experience at a dealer I have even more questions!

The immediate issue with my current HT setup is getting the clearest dialog possible. That, and the TV is off center from the seating makes the small (directable) center/sats like the MilleniaOne ideal. One thing that concern me are the high sat-sub crossovers values I see in reviews. That, and they vary so much from review to review, showing suitable x-over values such as 96Hz, 120Hz, and even 140Hz.

Regarding the MIlleniaOnes, I'm interested in how others are using them... (a) What amp (or pre/amp combo) and (b) What sub crossover frequency are you using?

I'm open to any suggestion too!

Dave

When i had my 5 speaker Millenia One setup i used a Pioneer Elite SC35 AVR and a SVS PB12 NSD sub. Thoses little speakers really rocked. I sold the front three and kept the other two for rears.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm looking for some help on how important is it for the rears to match the mains and center. I currently have Monitor 9 v.5 mains, Atom Monitor rears, and CC-290 center channel. For the past 4 years I haven't had my Atom Monitor's connected because my setup doesn't allow for rears. I'm thinking about selling the Atom Monitors because the box is just collecting dust in my closet. In a few years I will be moving to a larger house that will allow for rears to be installed. If I sell the Atom Monitors now will I have a hard time finding rears to match the mains and center?

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Looking to upgrade to 9.1 or 11.1 from 7.1.

I've got 2007 Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC390 and ADP390 for side/rear.

Screen shot: ...................................................................................................Rear shot:

For front wides/heights recommendation?

Fwiw I'm also upgrading from my Denon 2007 4308CI to the new 4520CI

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22522523

I'm looking for some help on how important is it for the rears to match the mains and center. I currently have Monitor 9 v.5 mains, Atom Monitor rears, and CC-290 center channel. For the past 4 years I haven't had my Atom Monitor's connected because my setup doesn't allow for rears. I'm thinking about selling the Atom Monitors because the box is just collecting dust in my closet. In a few years I will be moving to a larger house that will allow for rears to be installed. If I sell the Atom Monitors now will I have a hard time finding rears to match the mains and center?

It's always best to match all the way around, but how important is a different question. If you listen to a lot of surround music, with vocals across all channels, then I'd say don't sell the speakers and wait until you move. If you are a two-channel music listener and the rest of your time is movies/tv, then I'd argue it's not too big a deal - not optimum, but 98% of the people probably wouldn't notice a thing.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd123  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22518677

V1 / V2:

IMS / SHOCK-MOUNT™

V3.

IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT™

This info is somewhat incorrect...

There are 3 different drivers for the 3 series.....

.v1 is the poly series midrange... with phase plug...

.v2 is the Cobalt infused midrange driver with a phase plug

.v3 is still the Cobalt infused midrange driver but eliminating the phase plug.

I have owned the .v1 series and I still own the .v2 and .v3 products in my home...

·
Registered
7,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25740#post_22518270

Hi Warp, long time no see!

Hello, Hello....

Been a while, just get tired of the same ol bickering that goes on here on this forum sometimes...

Plus, I have other hobbies

·
Registered
398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22524368

It's always best to match all the way around, but how important is a different question. If you listen to a lot of surround music, with vocals across all channels, then I'd say don't sell the speakers and wait until you move. If you are a two-channel music listener and the rest of your time is movies/tv, then I'd argue it's not too big a deal - not optimum, but 98% of the people probably wouldn't notice a thing.

Thanks for the information. This system is used 100% for movies/tv so it appears it won't be a big deal. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22522768

Screen shot: ..........................................................................Rear shot:

For front wides/heights what is the recommendation?

My dealer recommened Mini-monitors for both the front wides and front heights, thoughts/comments?

I got a Emotiva amp ordered for the front soundstage R/C/L
Quote:
Your order was placed successfully.You've just purchased this

1x XPA-3 | 200W x 3

·
Registered
779 Posts
How much for the Sub 12

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestInTheWorld  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22518477

Can someone recommend me which to get for music and movies? The Reference Millennia 200 speakers or the Studio 10's or 20's?

I have the 10v5's and they kick prettty good for my bedroom setup. The 20's would add even more kick.

·
Registered
786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22522768

Screen shot: ...................................................................................................Rear shot:

For front wides/heights recommendation?

Beautiful room!

May I ask where you got info for "Room Audio Treatments"?

·
Registered
604 Posts
How much for your center speaker...I just picked up some studio 60s vs. Now I just need a center to match...have a cc370 now that matched my mon7s...I'm in south fl

·
Registered
7,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton  /t/559431/paradigm-owners-thread/25770#post_22532218

Beautiful room!

May I ask where you got info for "Room Audio Treatments"?

Look in my signature the DIY treatments link, info there. Read books, went to other home theatre rooms, got into taking measurements.

Studied psychoacoustic's, tried to grasp why humans perceive sound and make assessments as we do.

Still learning.

Not a easy path, but having objective knowledge trumps subjective opinions in my book.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone4 using Tapatalk

25761 - 25780 of 38852 Posts