AVS Forum banner

37241 - 37260 of 38701 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could use a Persona B as suggested above. It's generally best to stay within the same line, especially at this level, but You can also contact Paradigm and see what they recommend.
Thank you all. I will contact them and see what they say. I am not against using a Persona B. I suppose I could pick up the Persona Center down the road or get a used one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have an HSU STF2 still going strong more than 10 years. Its a great sub, especially for music or HT in a small room. However, if your listening habit is loud or room is too large then STF2 is not suited. I have the sub in my bedroom paired with KEF LS50 and still sounds great.
Sorry for the delay...I am not familiar with the HSU STF2. My audiophile-ness does not go back that far. I am just a fan of their subs and their configuration flexibility.
The KEF LS50 are nice. I have a pair in my bedroom. Amazing sound!

·
Registered
275 Posts
My family room flows into the kitchen seating area, the kitchen and sunroom. With that being said I purchased dual SVS PB4000's and never looked back! They integrate with my 85F's so well it's amazing. Listening to Stereo music they blend in perfectly and when watching movies I can make the whole house shake it's incredible!
I just saw the photo you posted. Beautiful set up. Your cabinet is really nice. The dual subs must be incredible

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry for the delay...I am not familiar with the HSU STF2. My audiophile-ness does not go back that far. I am just a fan of their subs and their configuration flexibility.
The KEF LS50 are nice. I have a pair in my bedroom. Amazing sound!
I probably don't need to replace my HSU STF-2. With the right movie or TV show my system sounds amazing. I am replacing anyway. My home theater system has been completely rebuilt, I want to upgrade my sub. I may use the STF-2 in my bedroom if I can't sell it

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Thank you all. I will contact them and see what they say. I am not against using a Persona B. I suppose I could pick up the Persona Center down the road or get a used one.

Particularly w/drivers as unique as the beryllium midranges and tweeters in the Persona series, you want to match across the front. Systems I've placed w/Persona have at least had the front three as Persona -- the B will do well as a center. Doesn't mean you can't use something as a stopgap for the center until funds (or whatever consideration) come around and it won't work; just won't work as well and seamlessly.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello all. I want the Persona 3F's as part of a 5.1 system but don't really want to spend the price on the matching center. Is anyone using something else with these? Is it a bad idea to mix and match? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks. -Mark
I'm using Paradigm signature C3 Center Channel with the Persona 3 F's in a 5.1 system. I could not fit a Persona Center channel nor could I fit the Persona B which would be my ultimate choice. FWIW After living with it for a while, and I listen at pretty high volumes, I am perfectly content with the signature Center Channel in my system. I no longer want to upgrade.
For the record, I have in ceiling surround speakers as well. Honestly, I love it I have zero complaints. Right now I am just looking for some kind of integrated amp to up the music listening experience. I currently have a very good Anthem MRX 720 receiver.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I appreciate the advice. I am switching from Kef to Paradigm in my humble system. I am sure the Persona Center is awesome, it is priced that way as well. 1 step at a time....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm using Paradigm signature C3 Center Channel with the Persona 3 F's in a 5.1 system. I could not fit a Persona Center channel nor could I fit the Persona B which would be my ultimate choice. FWIW After living with it for a while, and I listen at pretty high volumes, I am perfectly content with the signature Center Channel in my system. I no longer want to upgrade.
For the record, I have in ceiling surround speakers as well. Honestly, I love it I have zero complaints. Right now I am just looking for some kind of integrated amp to up the music listening experience. I currently have a very good Anthem MRX 720 receiver.
Good luck.
Good to know. I currently have an ATI AT6003 for the fronts. I will look at the C3 for a stop gap. Thank you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Good to know. I currently have an ATI AT6003 for the fronts. I will look at the C3 for a stop gap. Thank you.

As you may know, the Sig series is only available on the used market, if that. I'm guessing the Prestige Center channel is similar to the Signature, and is more readily available. If you don't mind buying used, as I do, I've seen the Persona B speakers for (stopped myself from posting prices...) so, you can go in with someone such as myself on a pair of speakers and get a great deal. I'm sure there are others who only need one speaker.

No, I still don't want to upgrade my center channel. lol. Not yet at least. Just an idea for people to consider... Honestly, like I said above, my next couple/few $K will go into other components. Good luck.

·
Registered
915 Posts
That’s a good audiophile. Take care of the family birthdays FIRST. I hope they sound good in your space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually i bought the 6000F and 2000C last Saturday and so far i am happy. The imaging does not sound as perfect as in the store due my L shaped room but maybe i can put a sound panel on the one wall. I did play 2.1 music for my wife and fooled her as she thought the center channel was active so imaging is still solid. I am sure there are better speakers out there but considering my price range i am in love with these speakers. The mid base my old NHT bookshelf speakers were lacking is definitely noticeable now and i hear it in these great speakers.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am selling a pair of Studio 100v5 and a CC690V5. You can pm me for more details. I will put up pics of all speakers in the classified section later on today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone used some CI Pro P80-iw as fronts? Would it be best to build a cabinet for them? I'm a paradigm fan, but on a budget. Was going to use a CI Pro - P1-LCR as the center, and 4 CI PRO P65's in ceiling(2 for atmos, 2 for rears). Thanks!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hello all. I want the Persona 3F's as part of a 5.1 system but don't really want to spend the price on the matching center. Is anyone using something else with these? Is it a bad idea to mix and match? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks. -Mark
Hands down go with a Persona B. I have a second one if you want for a good price. I had the bookshelf speakers in a second system and once I tried the B as a center I was hooked. Works amazingly well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Has anyone used some CI Pro P80-iw as fronts? Would it be best to build a cabinet for them? I'm a paradigm fan, but on a budget. Was going to use a CI Pro - P1-LCR as the center, and 4 CI PRO P65's in ceiling(2 for atmos, 2 for rears). Thanks!
I am familiar with the In Walls. I am very impressed by them.
I will eventually go with In Wall Elites as a front left and right. I have some Pro's in the ceiling now as well.

Overall, I am very impressed with this kind of series. I never thought it was sound as well at it does. I don't think you can go wrong and on a budget, your solution is the way to go. It also is trendy and looks nice. I have Elites in the Office/Music Room and Pros for the basement (and still adding).

I put my in wall Elites 65-R with no box, secured into the dry wall as designed. I have some E80-A that I built a box for and affixed to the wall due to structural obstacles. I recommend no box and into the wall. They are designed for that. Bass at the low low end is better too. If you can...I recommend some wool rock or batt or something between the studs to keep the reverb down. Sounds better.

Good luck!

37241 - 37260 of 38701 Posts