AVS Forum banner

39861 - 39880 of 40058 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am simply astonished with the front staging with the new founders watching star trek beyond in 4kuhd (disc) right now wow 😳 even though the center (90c) is under the screen the sound - sounds so much more center with the screeen and i am sitting no more than 10 feet from center speaker the 55c did very well after the full calibration but sometimes in certain movies you could pick it out or would not separate from left and right towers quite like with the founders - widens up the sound stage and the left and right towers are toed in to listening position —i continue to say the dialogue and overall impact is substantial- i honestly think when i have chad b back out to recalibrate- not that i think anything is off -he can crank these things up more without distortion- they are loud and very clean right now
I have the ability to directly compare in my dedicated room with identical equipment not a showroom - even though yes i did not audition them or even hear them in person prior to purchase
Some one asked if i was satisfied with my purchase and opinion of the new founders vs prestige - that would now be a hell yes after watching several movies now that i was very familiar with and watched numerous times
Just wish i had a way to get some measurements to deep dive a little further for everyone because on paper they don’t show as much difference as in reality
I would like to get a decibel meter too just to really see what my theater room is at can get pretty real in here at times
There are free decibel meter apps available. Not sure how accurate they are, but they can definitely give you a rough estimate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got my second pair of the Prestige 15Bs installed as my rear surround sound speakers.

So my setup looks like this:

Fronts: 15B

Center: SE Center

Rears: 15B

Sub: JVC 10"

Yeah, that sub has to go now. Anyway, the 15B for the rears made a huge difference as for the first time ever I'm can now hear a seamless transition between the fronts and the rears as the sound signature is exactly the same. The SE Center matches very well with the 15B, just a tad clearer though :)

@Canadianatlas

Thanks for the advice earlier.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Could anyone tell me if an LCR of Paradigm Studio 60 + CC690 can be safely driven by a 90w/channel 8ohm AVR?

Not looking for optimal performance - just don't want to destroy the speakers.

The AVR is an older one - Yamaha RX-V557

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Could anyone tell me if an LCR of Paradigm Studio 60 + CC690 can be safely driven by a 90w/channel 8ohm AVR?

Not looking for optimal performance - just don't want to destroy the speakers.

The AVR is an older one - Yamaha RX-V557
Those are very easy speakers to drive, so yes.
Moving them to a different room?

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
All my speakers have a piano finish , when I order the subs they will be as well. Only speaker that does not match is the center channel it is black walnut. It is still in the box unopened. For those that have large center channels in black piano finish do you guys notice any kind of reflection or glare when the projector is on.
I don't have a projector, but my piano-black 55C doesn't have any nasty reflections from my TV.

·
Premium Member
7,155 Posts
I just got my second pair of the Prestige 15Bs installed as my rear surround sound speakers.

Anyway, the 15B for the rears made a huge difference as for the first time ever I'm can now hear a seamless transition between the fronts and the rears as the sound signature is exactly the same.
Lends credit to the whole "does it matter if surrounds and Atmos speakers match?" question, yeah? I think far too many people downplay the value of matching like this.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Those are very easy speakers to drive, so yes.
Moving them to a different room?
My father-in-law is taking them, which means I don't have to part with them technically :)

Reactions: sigpig

·
Registered
349 Posts
All my speakers have a piano finish , when I order the subs they will be as well. Only speaker that does not match is the center channel it is black walnut. It is still in the box unopened. For those that have large center channels in black piano finish do you guys notice any kind of reflection or glare when the projector is on.
Yes, absolutely, my CC-690 is a giant black mirror. But it's nothing that a swatch of black velvet or duvetyne won't fix.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi fellas,
So I have some paradigm signature s4v2 mains, c3 center and studio 40v3 surrounds. Does anyone know when each of these were produced? Also what the price was when new? I am not the original owner and trying to gather some info.
thanks

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Yes, absolutely, my CC-690 is a giant black mirror. But it's nothing that a swatch of black velvet or duvetyne won't fix.
That CC690 is a Monster. Guess my center channel is gonna have to remain black walnut.
I had the CC690 in black walnut and it reflected, so I covered it with black velvet for years.
Now, I just installed a Persona C in piano finish and there's no way I'm cover it with that velvet crap. Yes, there is a glare, but I find how it's rounded back (including my Persona 3F towers rounded back) that you don't really see the glare much and your brain just tunes it out.

I just can't hide these beautiful speakers, glare be damned lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had the CC690 in black walnut and it reflected, so I covered it with black velvet for years.
Now, I just installed a Persona C in piano finish and there's no way I'm cover it with that velvet crap. Yes, there is a glare, but I find how it's rounded back (including my Persona 3F towers rounded back) that you don't really see the glare much and your brain just tunes it out.

I just can't hide these beautiful speakers, glare be damned lol
I am still on the fence. Presting 50c center channel remains on the box . Six more days left to return it and buying the founder series center channel in black piano.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am still on the fence. Presting 50c center channel remains on the box . Six more days left to return it and buying the founder series center channel in black piano.
You did mean Prestige 55C Center Speaker (Correct)
Ok i will give in and reply to you - i am not that petty, I highly recommend you send the 55C back and get the black piano finish in the 90C founder - yes it is a little more money - but you will thank me later if you ever have the chance to compare the performance of each side by side - well worth the difference in cost - imo
as a bonus you will not regret getting your black piano finish that matches all your other speakers - don't get me wrong i love the piano black or midnight cherry gloss finishes paradigm produces - i just don't like how fragile they are when it comes time to clean, move, or ship them
If i had all my speakers still in a living room or lighted environment where they were meant to shine and look like they are going 100 mph standing still - i would not hesitate to get those finishes but for a dedicated theater room black walnut is perfectly acceptable by me - they will not sound any different and you can't see them much if at all when watching movies in a dark dedicated room
Sittler was looking or even ordered the JTR's at one time and they use a real flat black non reflective paint for the reason not to add glare when a projection system is present.

Reactions: Sittler27

·
Registered
242 Posts
You did mean Prestige 55C Center Speaker (Correct)
Ok i will give in and reply to you - i am not that petty, I highly recommend you send the 55C back and get the black piano finish in the 90C founder - yes it is a little more money - but you will thank me later if you ever have the chance to compare the performance of each side by side - well worth the difference in cost - imo
as a bonus you will not regret getting your black piano finish that matches all your other speakers - don't get me wrong i love the piano black or midnight cherry gloss finishes paradigm produces - i just don't like how fragile they are when it comes time to clean, move, or ship them
If i had all my speakers still in a living room or lighted environment where they were meant to shine and look like they are going 100 mph standing still - i would not hesitate to get those finishes but for a dedicated theater room black walnut is perfectly acceptable by me - they will not sound any different and you can't see them much if at all when watching movies is a dark dedicated room
Sittler was looking or even ordered the JTR's at one time and they use a real flat black non reflective paint for the reason not to add glare when a projection system is present.
Done..Just called it in.
Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi fellas,
So I have some paradigm signature s4v2 mains, c3 center and studio 40v3 surrounds. Does anyone know when each of these were produced? Also what the price was when new? I am not the original owner and trying to gather some info.
thanks
Reminds me of the commercial with the old Italian woman saying goo goo
google it
there are many of these on paradigm's archive list - you might have to dig around deeper to get the msrp's on old dealer sites that still exist

·
Registered
19 Posts
After a very long time waiting and saving, I ordered the persona 3F and C the other day in Aria metallic blue! Not sure if anyone on here like the white woofers, so I was able to get the custom black metal, and woofers at no charge. And depending on what paradigm dealer is in your local area, I was able to get the 20 % discount with a trade in of my old paradigms. Should be a few weeks until they arrive, I'll post pics when I have them set up!

·
Premium Member
7,155 Posts
Those are good pictures. I definitely do not like the front baffle, they confirm that. And I too have been wondering about those feet - they look like plastic in the photos. I prefer the very metal look of Prestige, that's for sure. Sorry, but these do nothing for me in the aesthetic department, but it's not all about looks. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: Canadianatlas

·
Registered
364 Posts
Those are good pictures. I definitely do not like the front baffle, they confirm that. And I too have been wondering about those feet - they look like plastic in the photos. I prefer the very metal look of Prestige, that's for sure. Sorry, but these do nothing for me in the aesthetic department, but it's not all about looks. Thanks for posting!
I think you are finding numerous ways to convince yourself don’t upgrade- good for you- i am going to give you some more advice —don’t listen to the new founders ever or don’t go see them in person and don’t look at or read any more reviews, and you will be content with the prestige you already have
Everything in that partial start up review is exactly to the tee everything i have already posted well over the last week plus
If someone acts fast you might find some prestige stuff in my garbage can lol 😝

·
Registered
364 Posts
No honestly i hope there are many that still are wanting to upgrade to some good used prestige speakers because it will make them relatively easy to sell off they still are some great speakers

39861 - 39880 of 40058 Posts