AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...not sure if this is the right place to post but I just got an amazing deal at 6th for this sweet sub. It was talked about much on techbargains and slickdeals recently for $138 but I checked today and I don't want to say the price but it was under $100 with free shipping.

Better get it before they're all gone...

UPDATE: forgot the link.... http://www.6ave.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PRDPDR8V4SL

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
8 inch sub = LOL

my mains go lower then that thing

·
Registered
69 Posts
yea, it'll be good for a beginner set up too.

I got a velodyne which i hella like, yesterday i found out my velo only goes down to 32 Hz (just like the paradigm), WOW, 32 Hz ain't bad cuz movies sound badass on my system. maybe aint nothin compared to some of the systems people here got, but its pretty good for a beginner system.

dont hate on people poorer than u

·
Registered
5,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James W. Johnson /forum/post/19519256

I just bought one! This PDR-8 should go perfectly with MY PC SPEAKERS.

It sure as heck beats the price of Audioengine's subwoofer.

the paradigm pdr-8 doesn't seem to have high pass outputs. how will you be hooking it up to the A2s?

·
Registered
3,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT /forum/post/19519448

the paradigm pdr-8 doesn't seem to have high pass outputs. how will you be hooking it up to the A2s?

Its got a line level input and a speaker level input.

I am not sure exactly how to connect it to my PC, worst case scenario the left side A2 has speaker level outs to the right side speaker.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazing deals like this on subwoofers you can stock up like milk & eggs. A friend, a relative, a co-worker...someone can always use a nice little sub. Look at the price...fudgetabout it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seeing these on sale again for $98, has anyone run these as duals ?

Will be hooking up a Polk RM6750 this weekend and I know that the sub is not great based and was looking to replace it with the Bic F12 or V1220. HT will be used 90% for movies/tv, very little music.

Room is about 12X20 and opens to another area of the basement.

Any thoughts on spending the $200 on two of these vs one of the Bics ?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just in case anyone wants to know how they sound I got a mini report since I decided not to sell it anymore and opened it up and gave it a work out before giving it to my brother. Right of the box it was great, I mean for a little 8" in my 26x13x8 living room with an opening to a kitchen & dining room this puppy did a really nice job considering the fact I've been listening a Hsu Vtf2.3 and dual ULS-15's which are tough acts to follow.

To compare it with something more in it's class, it wasn't as musical and my previous velodyne VX-10 but for movies I can say it was just as good. So if you have anything smaller than my large living room and sealed off I can imagine this thing is more than capable to please anyone. For under $150 it's a gem of a deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts