Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what a fair price for paradims are. I was recently quoted:

Mini Monitor: $203.00 each

CC190: $295.00 each

ADP190 Surround: 215 each

Prices were only valid if I bought 5 speakers. FL, FR, CC, RL, RR

I know 6 avenue sells the the CC190 for about 200. Just wondering what the going price is for the others. Also what are the prices for the Signature S1, S2 and Studio S10 and S20 and their respective center channels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacki /forum/post/19629652

Just curious what a fair price for paradims are. I was recently quoted:

Mini Monitor: $203.00 each

CC190: $295.00 each

ADP190 Surround: 215 each

Prices were only valid if I bought 5 speakers. FL, FR, CC, RL, RR

I know 6 avenue sells the the CC190 for about 200. Just wondering what the going price is for the others. Also what are the prices for the Signature S1, S2 and Studio S10 and S20 and their respective center channels.

Thanks!

http://www.bradfordshifi.com/prices.html

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that website lists a price that's 159% higher than what Sears does.

That website lists:

CC-190 $349/ea Center Channel Speaker

I was recently quoted the following price from a brick and mortar shop: CC190: $295.00 each

Sears sells it for $219.00

That's a $130 spread.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
MSRP is generally double dealer cost.

So figure the cost to a dealer (and I cannot guarantee Sears isn't getting better) is $175.

Now if CostCo were to carry that same speaker (assuming it bought at $175) the price would be something like $195 (if I remember their margins correctly).

Compare the volume at Sears to a botique and you'll get an idea why the margins are so different.

That said: I'm confused that Sears is selling them at all, especially mail-order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.paradigm.com/where-to-buy/where-to-buy /forum/post/0

IMPORTANT: Paradigm® and Paradigm® Reference speakers are sold across North America through a network of authorized dealers. None of our products are offered for sale over the Internet or by Mail Order with the exception of Cinema CT "5.1-in-a-box" systems.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLove /forum/post/19635798

That said: I'm confused that Sears is selling them at all, especially mail-order.

If you look closely at the sears website those paradigms are coming from 6ave. Sears does not carry paradigm.

At $295 from a b&m thats about 15% off which is a very fair price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts