Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought a new Paradigm PW-2200 and I noticed that he his humming pretty loud, Ive listen to other Paradigm PW-2200 before and they weir not doing that.

Even if I unplug everything except for the Power cord it still hum, I also tried different outlet. Is it possible that the power in my house is bad?

My sub is currently plug into a power bar.

Do you think something like this:
Subwoofer PowerCenterâ„¢ SW 200

could solve my problem ??

What do you people recommend to do and try ??

I'm pretty depress. :(

Thanks

Frederick Richard

·
Premium Member
4,292 Posts
What do you mean by "unplug everything"? Are you talking about unplugging the other inputs to the sub?

I had a problem with my sub humming which I eventually figured out was because of a light that I was using in that room. I own the Servo 15. I had a torchiere style light with off/dim/high switch. When in the dim mode, it introduced a low frequency into the ground circuit of the entire room. The sub picked it up and let me hear it.

If I turned the light to high or off, it went away. I moved the light to a different circuit within the house and never dealt with it again.

So, maybe your problem is due to something else on your house circuitry.

reaper

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is the PW's humming coming from the driver or the power supply transformer? (I have a PSB Subsonic 6 that occasionaly emits a hum/buz from it's Xfmer)

You could check by simply restricting the cone movement with your hand - you'll notice a change in the tone of the hum if it's the driver.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually most of the sound come from the power supply but there is a faint sound comming from the driver to !!

Thanks

Frédérick Richard

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hello

What types of wires are you using? Since there is a hum coming from the power supply there maybe a problem with the amp. try adjusting the volume on the amp because I heard of some people who the same problem if they had the volume to low, but it was very few people who experienced this. If you want you could try to move the sub to a different room to see if there is still a hum. If not then there is something in the room making it hum. If you can't figure it out I would suggest emailing Paradigm and bring it to the dealer to look at it.

GOLDEN-EAGLE!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sound is present even with no interconnect plug in. I did try to plug it in another room no change at all.

Thanks

Frédérick Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.