AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two vendors that carry this line in Cincinnati that I do business with. The first store I went I listened to the new 100 and 60 V3. It was hooked up with an athem pre-pro and Antham 2 channel amp. From the second the speakers were turned on they were so bright it hurt. It was beyond listening fatigue from bright speakers, they were almost unbeareable to listen too they were so bright. I tell the sales rep and he agrees and he says it is the front end electronics and I really should listen to them with some other equipment but then says I should come back some other day and he will hook it up for me. OK???? Why not now?? And why would you have it hooked up this way knowing they sound bright as #[email protected]#. So anyway I pack it up and go to the other dealer, from whom I had bought the reference 100s and center and servo 15 version one several years ago. I see they also have them hooked up via Anthem equipment and I am thinking, UH OH!!!! He turns them on and they sounded much more rolled off on the top end and much more listeanable. I listened to the 60s and the 100s in version 3. They both had great soundstage but still sounded a tad bit bright and the sales rep told me the 60s weren't broken in yet but the 100s should be fully broken in. I wonder why they sounded so much different from two different stores with basically the same equipment? Was it the room? Was it the CD player?

Now it is decision time. Do I upgrade to the version 3 reference line? I also want to audition Von Schweikert VR2s and RBH but neither has dealer in my area.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you listened to the Paradigm Signature Series? I know there is a big price difference and that is why I am having to save my pennies until I can afford them. The high end on them is super smooth. I have Studio 40's and they can be a bit bright with some music but the same music on the Sig's is not bright at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.