AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the version 1 Studio Paradigm Reference 100 speakers and the Paradigm Reference center channel. I am thinking of getting something new just for fun and am looking at the Rocket by Onix rS750 and RSC200 center channel. I am about 70% home theater and 30% music. Does anybody have experience with both speakers. I have never heard the rockets myself so am looking for general feedback on whether this is step backwards in my system, a parallel move or an upgrade in terms of quality. Any opinions. I am considering putting my Paradigms up for sale on here because the new toy bug has hit me?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Frohlich,

I would do a search here as there have been a number of comparisons between the Rocket 750's and the Paradigm Studio 100's. At the end of the day it's going to come down to personal preference. I have a Rocket package 0 that I happen to enjoy and be completely satisfied with. My advice would be to see if you can find anyone local that will let you hear their Rockets as I know there are some people in your area with them. Check out www.audioenvy.com as most of the time you will find someone. If you don't have any luck there check out www.********** as you can post a thread on their forum as well...

Good luck with your decision! :cool:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
It sounds like you have a case of the upgrade bug. The Rocket 750s are a popular speaker, and although I haven't listened to them - they do get great reviews. But so do the Paradigm Ref 100s. I doubt this upgrade makes much sense, unless there is something you really don't like about your current 100s.

Go ahead and see if you can listen to the 750s somewhere. My guess is that you may find some qualities you like in the 750s - and other qualities that are better in your current 100s.

I'd recommend you take a look at the rest of your system to see if there are other places to satisfy your upgrade bug.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Mit07 having the same speakers for years is boring. It sounds like he has a bright detail oriented speaker, and he is considering going for a lush sound as a change.

They are both nice, not all of us can afford to have mulitple speaker sets for different moods, so we have to change them out every once in a while ..

·
Registered
609 Posts
The Studio 100's and the 750's sound very different from each other. I have auditioned both of them (and many others). You would need to do the same to see which you prefer. You may like the upgrade from the v1 to the v3 in the studio line. There is a difference in the v.1, v.2 and v.3. If you like the Paradigm 'sound' you may not like the Rocket 'sound'.

Just my thoughts on the subject. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.