AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first post but long time lurker. Finally taking the plunge on some quality speakers. Tested some B&W 683's and paradigm se3s. Right now im leaning towards the paradigms. Small but nice. JUst a few questions to those out there with more knowledge than me. I plan on picking up the onkyo 707. Is this a capable reciever for what i want? Also i heard that paradigms do not give discounts over the msrp. If true, I might be leaning towards the B&Ws. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Zimun, Paradigm encourages their dealers to charge MSRP but it is not required. Plenty of people on this forum buy Paradigm at a discount from their retailer . How much of a discount is offered is dependent on your dealer, how much you buy from them, how hard up they are for a sale, how good of a negotiator your are,etc...

·
Registered
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimun /forum/post/18213537

Hi all, first post but long time lurker. Finally taking the plunge on some quality speakers. Tested some B&W 683's and paradigm se3s. Right now im leaning towards the paradigms. Small but nice. JUst a few questions to those out there with more knowledge than me. I plan on picking up the onkyo 707. Is this a capable reciever for what i want? Also i heard that paradigms do not give discounts over the msrp. If true, I might be leaning towards the B&Ws. Thanks.

i have read paradigm dealers usually give anywhere from 10-25% off of MSRP. depends on how desperate they are. and if your buying full 5.1 setup im sure they will give you a discount.

The 707 will be plenty to power the SE3's. they have a good sensitivity rating and should get very loud pretty easily

1 - 3 of 3 Posts