AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has used a different wall bracket (one that swivels or is adjustable) for these speakers. The wall brackets that Paradigm sends are a joke. I use to have some really good wall brackets for my M&K s-150's, but they had 4 bolts that went in the back of them. These speakers have two little screws. LAME! For what these speakers cost, I am very disappointed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Yeah they aren't the beefiest wall brackets on the planet, but honestly they do their job and really don't need to be anymore then what they are... I have the Studio ADP's and I'm pretty sure its the same bracket, mine has been on the wall and hasn't moved for 3 years - I have no complaints. It just works. Not sure what else to say...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would really like some ideas on that as well...just ordered some..on their way..but no mountings...any ideas?...what is the measurement of distance between the holes?

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
There are mounts that come with the speakers, they just don't look all that hefty, but they are plenty for the speaker - They wouldn't supply a bracket that will allow the speaker to fall off the wall on the floor...

The speaker bracket is screwed to the wall and the speaker just slides down onto the bracket and thats how they work... simple and easy.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The bracket that ships with the ADP3 is functional, but it looks cheap and out of character compared to the fit and finish of the speaker itself. It's not clear from the instructions what the safety strap is supposed to be connected to, and by mounting it flush with the wall it doesn't leave any room for banana plugs unless you have a recessed receptacle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to bump this, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a different wall bracket. I'm ready to buy some of these and want to know what others are doing.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah I was not initially impressed with the mounting hardware either. I was a pain in the arse getting the brackets lined up when mounting the speakers to the wall but one they where up they didn't budge. Drill into a stud or use some heavy duty wall anchors and you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
26,228 Posts
Like others have stated the bracket may seem too simple and the initial mounting can be a pain...but they work like a charm. The ability to center the speaker using a wall stud to secure the speaker does the trick...no allignment of two key holes etc that some use.

In fact, I've been searching on the web to find these brackets for an aftermarket purchase for another brand of speaker that uses key hole slots on each side. I would rather have a bracket like this that I can mount on a wall stud and will still hold the 25 pounds centered.

Ron

·
Registered
674 Posts
I hate to bump this again but does anyone know of a wall mount bracket that can tilt up and down and side to side? Where I think the best spot to put these speakers in my room is in front of the seating position and up higher. This would require me to angle the speakers back towards the seats and down. I just ordered and am trying to get this taken care of before I get them.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts