AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MSRP on the Paradigm Signature S8 and 1 Signature Servo is $9,200. The MSRP on the Paradigm Signature S4 and 2 Signature Servo's is $9,000.

Witch would you choose and why?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Have you compared them to their Studio line? Personally I couldnt hear enough difference to warrant a 3x price hike. But to each their own, that finish is damn gorgeous tho!!

If you cross at 80hz for ht, then I would probably get the 2 sub system.

If you cross as low as possible for music and "tuck" the sub underneath, obviously the S8.

If you are able, try out the Thiel CS 2.4 for something very different. I found these speakers to be pleasing especially for 4400$ MSRP. These would probably be "the next step" for me in the far future (or something like them). I liked them more than the Paradigms, B&W 803d, and 804s.

If you are heavily weighted on the finish, because let's face it, its a very nice finish, check out the Dali Helicon line. I think they have a similar type gloss fnish as well.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
This really depends on your room size.

Our theater is 13.5'Wx20'Lx11'H, and currently our theater consists of 2 pairs of Paradigm Signature S2 and soon to be added Signature C3 center. Sub will be SVS PB12-Plus. As is, the S2's have no problems AT ALL filling the room. I had initially intended to add the S4 instead of the second pair of S2, but I was so impressed with the S2's, I saved some money and found a mint pair used on Audiogon. A good sub will make all the difference in the world in this system crossed over at 80hz. What's lacking in low-end extension now, will be acheived by the sub.

I've owned both the Signature S2 and the Studio 20v3, and IMO there is a huge difference in the two lines. This holds true IMO up to the S4 and Studio 40v3. However, I did not notice much of a difference between the S8 and Studio 100v3. I simply do not think there was much difference in sound between those two.....hmmmm?

The Sigs are much better looking and the build quality is 100x better than the Studios, but to each their own.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ttowntony, just curious...what are you powering your signatures with? And, will that change with the addition of the C3 and sub?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.