AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am actually intertested in getting the following setups but need to make a decision on what brand sounds better.

Paradigm Signature S8 (front) $6000/pr

Paradigm Signature C5 (center) $1800

Paradigm Signature ADP (surounds) $2300/pr

Paradigm Signature Servo (sub) $3500

or

Definitive Technology BP7000SC (front) $5000/pr

Definitive Technology C/L/R 3000 (center) $1000

Definitive Technology BPVX/P (surounds) $1400/pr

Subs are built-in the main speakers.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I was not impressed with the Signature S8. Personally, i would go with the much cheaper S100s if you like paradigm sound. I just couldnt hear 3x the difference to justify the price. Just my honest opinion.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Quote:
I am actually intertested in getting the following setups but need to make a decision on what brand sounds better.
Well, not to be a smart-ass or anything, but the ONLY way ever to know what sounds better to you is to go listen to them carefully until you reach a conclusion and can say to yourself "I like the sound of these more."

My own PERSONAL choice would be the signatures, between the two, but this is my subjective choice. And if it were me anyway, I'd be getting dynaudios, because that's my favorite sound. Anyway, yeah so go listen, and see what you think about each with your favorite music. Spend a good deal of time with them in a good setup, and you will make the best choice for YOU.

·
Registered
169 Posts
paradigm 100s

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Paradigm Signature in a big way...the Def sound good with movies but not music...The Paradigm sound great with movies and music. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got a demo of the Deftech's and they sound BADASS but I hate them!

I dont want to hear anything more than what is recored and they add allot of bass and midrange that shouldint be there. Its a very BIG sound and they are impressive untill you analize the sound coming from them.

The Paradigm Signatures are IMO 100% perfect. There is not one single thing I can say bad about them. People search a VERY long time for the perfect sound and I found it fairly quick. I guess its not hard to find with a decent budget for speakers and amp.

I am getting the Paradigms with Anthem Satement P5 325w /ch amp and matching Anthem Satement D1 pre/pro.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafgoose

I dont want to hear anything more than what is recored and they add allot of bass and midrange that shouldint be there. Its a very BIG sound and they are impressive untill you analize the sound coming from them.

The Paradigm Signatures are IMO 100% perfect. There is not one single thing I can say bad about them. People search a VERY long time for the perfect sound and I found it fairly quick. I guess its not hard to find with a decent budget for speakers and amp.

I am getting the Paradigms with Anthem Satement P5 325w /ch amp and matching Anthem Satement D1 pre/pro.
I would listen to many more brands before proclaiming you found the perfect sound.

The Sigs are decent but FAR from perfect.

·
Registered
211 Posts

deafgoose said:

deafgoose: In my more than 30 years in this insane hobby, the Paradigm Sigs rank right up there with the best speakers I've ever heard. But YOU have to do some serious auditioning personally - and make YOUR mind up. You need to make the journey yourself to arrive at the proper destination.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nurk Twins
I would listen to many more brands before proclaiming you found the perfect sound.

The Sigs are decent but FAR from perfect.
I guess the "perfect sound" is purely subjective but IMO they are. Its about the most I can afford for speakers anyways so there is no point surching for more expensive speakers.

Would you suggest a 5.1 setup that sound better for less money? Keep in mind the build and design quality is top notch.

·
Registered
170 Posts

deafgoose said:

Deafgoose,If you hate the Def Techs,why the hell are you posing this question?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

petemc1 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafgoose

Deafgoose,If you hate the Def Techs,why the hell are you posing this question?
I posted the question before the demo of both speakers.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
FWIW, I recently listened to the Paradigm's (top model) and was not impressed at all. My $1700/pair M&K's sound better.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
With all due respect deafgoose I have been on this sight for a while and I know you bought the sig set up a while back. You said back then you were considering buying the def techs but decided to go with the sigs instead because you liked them much more. I like them too. I dont see the point of your getting on here to bash dt's, you have made your opinion clear in the past. I have 6 year old dt's and happen to like them. If you hate them, thats cool. Just be honest about it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Bartman,

Look at the time frame when Deafgoose posted this. Seems like bambam dug up the past. This thread is old compared to others that are on this page. I have seen him talk about his sigs in a few other threads, but when he posted this, he probably was contemplating both setups.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
My apologies.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The OP posts over 4 months ago, and someone bashes him for allegedly trying to bash DefTech before bothering to check the date. Another person proclaims one person's Sigs "decent" in his snobby opinion, which is a nice way of saying "your speakers are crap". Still others threadcrap for no reason with their subjective opinions.

OP, enjoy your setup. They sound perfect to you, and that's what matters. There are better speakers - probably none that would sound better to you for even close to the same money. Glad you like them - I'm envious.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot
that is kinda weird that Bambam went back to august to dig this thread up? maybe a bit of jealousy?
Jealous? Oh no. Just doing a little research on DT's and saw this thread and thought I would comment.

I know speakers are VERY subjective, but even my wife (who knows NOTHING about audio) agreed that the M&K 150's sounded better than the Paradigm S8's. She didn't even have to think about it. (Note: for all fairness, the 150's were paired with an M&K 350-THX sub).

·
Registered
913 Posts
I love Definitive, and to be fair yes I love the Paradigm sound as well. I have heard the Sig series and was thoroughly impressed, 50/50 for music and movies. I would say that listening is subjective and hard to finger. If you are happy then stay happy, why post on here seeking advice if you like what you have. :D

~Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.