AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where to get recommended pricing for paradigm speakers ? Paradigm website has nice spec sheets but no MSRP !! (except of recommended systems - but I want individual pricing)

I would like to get recommended pricing for older models (5se, 7se) and newer models (performance series (atoms, titans etc) and cinema series)

Thanks.

I'm not looking for 'cheapest' place to buy or anything like that - just want to understand their price structure since I'm new to Paradigm. So I hope this post is not violating any forum rules.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
One thing I will say from personal experience with 3 different Paradigm dealers over the years.They will say thay don't discount and that they never have them on sale because the prices are low to begin with.(they're right IMHO)But then they will have specific models reduced.I don't know if thats common at all Paradigm dealers,but I've found if I'm patient I eventually get what I wanted reduced.

·
Registered
303 Posts
6ave is a good place to look for the MSRP. I would expect 10% and hope for 20% off depending on how much you are buying and how badly the dealer wants to move them. If a dealer tells me full price on an audio product, I LEAVE! If they offer extra at the full price (full refund upgrades, in home demos, etc.), then you're getting better than MSRP. Those may be worth paying full price for the speakers. If however, your dealer does like two of my close dealers and say full price with no extra service, too bad...so sad, leave. MSRP is for suckers or dealers who really do go well beyond normal service.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Paradigm pricing seems to vary alot around the country, my advice is to go to your local dealer and price the models you are considering. A good dealer should help you out some(around ten percent).Of course it helps if you have purchased there before. Also alot of Paradigm dealers offer a very good trade-up policy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not only does it vary across the country, but across international borders as well... For instance, the entire paradigm line seems to sell for consistantly less in Canada than the US... It's a possible way to get more Paradigm for less, depending on your proximity to the border...

--Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.