AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I currently own the monitor series fronts, center rear and sub and I am thinking about stepping up to the reference series. My ? is how much of a difference is there between the monitors and the reference series? I dont have any dealers near me that carry the reference so its hard to go out and compare. THANKS

·
Registered
95 Posts
Which Monitors and which Reference

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have the monitor 5 fronts, 3 for rears, 370 center and I cant remember the sub but its only the 10 inch one. I am looking at the studio 40s for the front adp 470 rears and the 470 center. THANKS

·
Registered
166 Posts
440forpower:

I have two home theter set-ups in my house (the result of having college age kids). One has Monitor 5's, a CC370, and 4 ADP170's. The other has Ref 40's, a CC470 and 4 ADP470's.

Both are driven by Marantz receivers: the first by a SR5500 and the second by a SR7400.

The second system sounds much better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think you'll appreciate the upgrade, I went from the monitor's top of the line monitor 11s to the studio's top of the line studio 100s and have no regrets, while the monitor 11s put out some serious bass, the Studios are more balanced and have better tweeters

If you can try to listen to both side by side so you can hear the definite improvement

you may also want to listen to the monitor 11s if you haven't already they are very nice or even if budget allows go for the gold, and get the 100s

·
Registered
701 Posts
Make the jump. I started with Mon 5s/ minis/370 and am now with 40s/20s/470 and am very glad I did!!

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
You might also want to consider similar brands in this pricerange, but as you don't have a paradigm dealer near you that may not be too feasible. I really like the studios, it would be an excellent choice moving from other paradigms if you like them, but as always it is best to listen to as much as possible, it's quite possible that there may be other speakers you'd prefer more. Then it's also quite possible that the studios are what you'd prefer most and it would be a lot of effort spent to end up with the studios anyway! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just auditioned the Monitor 11's vs the Studio-60's just this week, and I can honestly say it's night and day difference. I heard them back to back on the same track and my wife instantaneously said "I like these better" when the 60's came on. :) I picked up the 60's today :)

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreezee
I just auditioned the Monitor 11's vs the Studio-60's just this week, and I can honestly say it's night and day difference. I heard them back to back on the same track and my wife instantaneously said "I like these better" when the 60's came on. :) I picked up the 60's today :)
Yea I did a direct comparison of these two last week. Monitor !!'s very nice, to be sure. They are a little more bassy, where the Studio 60's are a little crisper and a little more forward. I like the Syudio 60's a little better...they look a little nicer in style, IMHO as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.