AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi All,

I am in the process of building a home with a dedicated home theatre. I have been searching through the AVS forum for HT recommendations.

I have narrowed down my list to the following systems:

2 x Paradigm Studio 60

2 x Paradigm Studio 20

1 x Paradigm Studio CC-690

1 x Paradigm Studio ADP-590 Sub

OR

2 x RF-82II Towers

2 x RS-52 II Center

1 x RC-64 II Center

1 x SW-112

I'll be using the system primarily for movies and games.

Could you please recommend which one would suit my needs.

As I live in Australia where Paradigm is nearly double in price as compare to in US. So could you please recommend me dealer/online site either in US or UK, where I can order the Paradigm speakers from. The only website I managed to find is  http://www.newaudiovideo.com.  Anyone tried buying from them?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Between those two I like the Paradigm better. You might have trouble finding a dealer to sell to you. A local dealer near us lost Paradigm because they were selling on the internet and not following their pricing policies. I couldn't find an address of the company you listed so I would be cautious.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
It's unlikely a legitimate Paradigm dealer will sell to you, except discontinued lines. Odds are good you'll have problems. Shipping them to Australia seems mad.

Why not buy some speakers in Australia?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks guys for the input.

I love the look of Paradigm speakers.

Reason why I don't want to buy from AUS: (AUD1 = USD0.88c)

2 x Paradigm Studio 60  (US$4928)

2 x Paradigm Studio 20  (US$3430)

1 x Paradigm Studio CC-690  (US$2047)

1 x Paradigm Studio ADP-590 Sub (US$2112)

The prices include approx. 10% discount.

Can anyone please give me a rough idea of the prices in US for the above speakers.

The shipping would cost me around $400 (Sea Freight) plus 10% GST. So I think it still turns out to be cheaper to get them from USA.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malikAUS  /t/1522008/paradigm-speakers-from-usa#post_24471621

Thanks guys for the input.

I love the look of Paradigm speakers.

Reason why I don't want to buy from AUS: (AUD1 = USD0.88c)

2 x Paradigm Studio 60  (US$4928)

2 x Paradigm Studio 20  (US$3430)

1 x Paradigm Studio CC-690  (US$2047)

1 x Paradigm Studio ADP-590 Sub (US$2112)

The prices include approx. 10% discount.

Can anyone please give me a rough idea of the prices in US for the above speakers.

The shipping would cost me around $400 (Sea Freight) plus 10% GST. So I think it still turns out to be cheaper to get them from USA.

Mate you probably wanna check Eastwood Hifi in sydney or Home theatre disposals in QLD. just google. I recently purchased (nov 2013) a pair of Studio 20's for $1300 AUD including freight from Home Theathre Disposal. Talk to kevin, great guy to deal with. Also talk to Mike at Eastwood Hifi. both of them easy to deal with. I paid

2 x Studio 100 (AUD $3550) (purchased in sep 2012)

2 x Studio 20 (AUD$1300)

1 x Studio CC 690 (AUD$1600) (purchased in sep 2012)

2 x ADP-590 (AUD$1800) (when enquired in Nov 2013)

If you ask nicely they will probably throw in shipping for free. I personally prefer the studio 100's over the 60's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Cheers Mate.

I'll definitely check eastwood as I live in Syd.

Personally I was thinking of Studios 100 as well but 5k for a pair was a little too much.

But its not bad for the price you have purchased for.

How is the setup for watching movies.

Reading AVS, a lot of people prefer Klipsch for movies. Is there any Klipsch dealer in Syd or Vic?

·
Registered
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malikAUS  /t/1522008/paradigm-speakers-from-usa#post_24473806

Cheers Mate.

I'll definitely

check eastwood as I live in Syd.

Personally I was thinking of Studios 100 as well but 5k for a pair was a little too much.

But its not bad for the price you have purchased for.

How is the setup for watching movies.

Reading AVS, a lot of people prefer Klipsch for movies. Is there any Klipsch dealer in Syd or Vic?

I have had no experience with the Klipsch , so I cannot comment. Some people don't like the horn loaded tweeter in the Klipsh. Rio sound & vision in Melb do Klipsh. The setup is great of both movies and music and is powered by an external amp. The CC690 is a great centre speaker. Took me a while to get used to it. If you want to spend a bit more try the Canton Vento's. I personally preferred the Cantons but due to a limited budget went with the Paradigms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts