Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grilles off

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have a very simple question. For all the owners of the studio 100 v2-v4 only...when listening to 2ch music, do you prefer the grilles on or off?

...I have the 100 v.3's and i have been listening for days on ends trying to decide. While there is a difference in sound with them on or off, i found i prefer them off. I know, Paradigm recommends you leave them on but my ears tell me different. When listening to jazz, which is what i listen to 90% of the time, its sounds more realistic and live.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I prefer them with the grills off, probably psyhcological though. I keep the grilles on usually though. Just to keep the prying little fingers at bay.

·
Registered
228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by budkole /forum/post/16880895

Ok, i have a very simple question. For all the owners of the studio 100 v2-v4 only...when listening to 2ch music, do you prefer the grilles on or off?

...I have the 100 v.3's and i have been listening for days on ends trying to decide. While there is a difference in sound with them on or off, i found i prefer them off. I know, Paradigm recommends you leave them on but my ears tell me different. When listening to jazz, which is what i listen to 90% of the time, its sounds more realistic and live.

I have done the A/B with and without and cannot tell the difference. I leave mine on. Better WAF with them on. YMMV.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the v2's, and the reviews in several mag's at the time stated that they were designed and measure flatter with the grills on. I would guess that the room itself would have more of an impact on the sound though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts