AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the studio 20 v5 speakers along with the CC590 V5 and the Sub 15. With the Holidays fast approaching I always spend way too much time debating any potential upgrades (I already have made a few recently). Has anybody moved from the studio 20s to the S2 speaker? I have to stay with bookshelf speakers because of the layout of my room. I tried to do a search on this forum but didn't really see any posts with people making this move. My local dealer doesn't carry the signature line so I can't go audition them. I am about 90% movies and video games and only about 10% music. My head is telling me that the signature line could likely make a difference for music listening but likely would not make a large difference for HT purposes. My heart is telling me to go for the "best" I can afford and I will never be happy until I own the Signature line. I am looking for people more sane then me to share their thoughts. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I own s2's now. I used to run studio 40s. There is certainly an improvement, but I don't think so muuch of one that I would buy on to replace the other.

If you are ready to move your existing 20s to surround duty (going to 7.1 foe example) The S2 is a great choice. Otherwise, especially side you are talking home theater, I would stay with the 20s you already own.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoCombs /forum/post/19520096

Paradigm S2's are great speakers, there are some really interesting bookshelf speakers in that price range, I'd go play! (I mean audition bunches).

Ron

I agree, I own the S2's and would easily suggest them to anyone looking, but there are tons of options out there, and it doesn't hurt to look around. Audition as many as you can, thats some of the most fun of audio, as long as the dealers aren't rude.... I hate that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts