AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using the Studio 20's for rear surround sound? I'm thinking of putting my Studio 20's outback and getting either the Studio 100's or 60's for front stage. BTW- Anyone here compare the studio 20's vs. the ADP 470's as rear surround? Thanks!

GC

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I was also in the same dilemma. I've got the 100's up front with the 570 and was trying to decide between the 470's and the 20's. I've got an old pair of ADP-170's and a pair of Atoms that I used to A/B and I actually prefer the dipole sound, whether for movies or music. It's a little less focused and locateable than the monopoles and the rear presence is more dispersed and enveloping. That being said, I'll be going for the 470's.

Jason

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason- Thx for the reply. From what I hear, the 470's are great for HT, but for music, they are not the greatest. I'm hoping more people will read this thread and provide some input..

GC

·
Registered
47 Posts
One thing to consider would be the amount of space you have behind the speakers. The v2s are rear-ported and as such are not really appropriate for wall-mounting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought bout the rear port, but I will not be hanging the Studio 20's on the rear wall, but will keep them on their stands and just place them behind my couch.

GC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.