AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have Paradigm Studio 40 v4s as my fronts and I noticed that no sound is coming from one of the speaker's tweeter. I swapped the cables between the two speakers to determine that the tweeter is not working. I cant visually see any difference (no obvious broken tweeter). At this point it is out of warranty,

so is it easy to find replacements for these and is it possible to repair without getting it to a dealer? Would be grateful for any pointers on how to replace these.

Thanks and Regards

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I bet paradigm will replace it for nothing if you just contact them.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I believe paradigm either doesn't use the best of quality when it comes to tweeters or they cross them over too low. I have a pair of monitor 9's and a set of surrounds that all have blown tweeters collecting dust around my house. Looking around the net it appears that blowing the tweeters is a common occurance with paradigm.

The ones I have all were played within their quoted limits as far as power goes, but they were played loud the night the tweeters went. Other speakers I have had in the room have been played louder for longer and kept their tweeter in tact.

Paradigm charges for replacements but have no clue how much for your speakers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I will contact them on monday and see how it goes. The speakers were excellent but I am surprised that the tweeter blew. I dont believe I even listened it higher than about 80DB...

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I've had 5 different set of Paradigms and I play at reference with movies all the time and in 8 years, have never blew a driver or tweeter and I beat the piss out of them pretty much every day.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/20793232

They have 5 year warranty - are you still under that time frame?

They should be covered.

The problem is that I dont have the bill. I will call them up and see if they can sell me a tweeter unit. I just hope they are not out of production.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Another thing you can do is take the tweeter out and make sure one of the wires didn't fall off...

And if Paradigm won't help, you can find all the tweeters you want from Madisound and PartsExpress.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20793486

Another thing you can do is take the tweeter out and make sure one of the wires didn't fall off...

And if Paradigm won't help, you can find all the tweeters you want from Madisound and PartsExpress.

I will do that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip! I didnt realize I could just get a tweeter from PartsExpress as well! I thought these come only from Paradigm. This is good info!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by anismo /forum/post/20793536

I will do that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip! I didnt realize I could just get a tweeter from PartsExpress as well! I thought these come only from Paradigm. This is good info!

I opened up the speaker and saw that the cable was loose in the tweeter! Fixed it and it is working fine. Thanks again for the help! AVS forum FTW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts