AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm quite interested in these speakers for my home theater fronts. I'm thinking of putting them in my front stage which will have a shelf for them has anyone done this and how does it sound.

They are ported to the front which should make it okay I think.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Speakers like some boundry, so hopefully you don't plan on putting them up against the wall. There is an entire thread dedicated to the love of Paradigm... you can easily surf that and get your questions answered, even probably by going back a month and reading. These are questions that have been asked hundreds of times, we love to help, just take some time to read... Its extremely enlightening/gratifying.

Warp

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sharms, I think I know where your going with this.. I've had Studio 20v3s for a few years now, I took the windowless/doorway less wall in our livingroom and built bookshelves, a fireplace and a large space for our 46" HDTV all into one setup, the studios are on both ends of the wall/bookcase and they sound just fine, well better then fine
, You won't be disappointed, I love my Studios, GREAT speakers... The front porting was a must with my setup and sounds like it is for you also.. Here's a pic to better explain, it's shows 3/4 of the wall, the chair isn't usually in front of the speaker lol, also notice the Paradigm Center channel channel speaker built in above the TV but in the same opening.. this set up is very wife friendly

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think if your going to be using them for movies mostly, you'd be fine. Music however, might be a different story as you are able to get a better sense of a "soundstage" and "imaging".

While front ported, they will still interact with boundaries, and sometimes limiting your placement options will limit your speakers. I don't think I've ever read a review where the reviewer didn't have a speaker pulled out from the wall. I know you won't be reviewing these per se (LOL), but my point is most speakers do sound best when given some room to breathe. But as I said, this might not be as noticable during movie usage....

Just my thoughts....

·
Registered
678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum7 /forum/post/13006532

I think if your going to be using them for movies mostly, you'd be fine. Music however, might be a different story as you are able to get a better sense of a "soundstage" and "imaging".

While front ported, they will still interact with boundaries, and sometimes limiting your placement options will limit your speakers. I don't think I've ever read a review where the reviewer didn't have a speaker pulled out from the wall. I know you won't be reviewing these per se (LOL), but my point is most speakers do sound best when given some room to breathe. But as I said, this might not be as noticable during movie usage....

Just my thoughts....

Max is totally correct, imaging is incredible when given the recommended space( I pull them out periodically when I want to do some really serious music listening, but in everyday use and HT I leave them in the bookcase, even then I'm very impressed with imaging I still get with the studios in the bookshelves...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your responses

I check out the dedicated post for paradigm

thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts