AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Looking for recommendations on a complete HT system. I just recently listened to the studio 60s and they are AMAZING! So I was thinking those for my Front L/R speakers.

Recommendations for Rears? Should I go BP setup? or Studio 10s? I didnt get a chance to listen to the Studio 10s as rears, but I got to hear them which they sounded good, but didn't get the full affect of surround sound with them being that they were in front of me.

The Center Channel I would like to be smaller but still sound great. I listened to the cc590, not sure if I like the size of it. Sounded good but not sure if I'm a fan of the size.

Sub? Open for suggestions. I live in an apartment on the 2nd floor so, not going to be using it to its full potential until I buy my own place. Sometime around next year.

Also receivers? I was thinking Denon - AVR3310CI? That sufficient? or does someone know something better or better bang for the buck around the same price tag?

I think with everything above, I was quoted around 5k. A lil bit more then I wanted to spend outright, but I tend to think I wont be upgrading for awhile. And I love movies and music.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Paradigms are great but with that budget I would hope that you've listened to several other brands like B&W, Revel, Monitor Audio, Dali, PSB, KEF??

Are you going to be listening to music in multi channel much? If so I'd go Monopole.

Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't say that its going to be something I do often. But definitely will. I primarily will be using the setup for HT. Currently have looked at Klipsch, DefTech and recently the Paradigm setup.

Any recommendations on setups whether it be Paradigm or another brand will just mean I go out and listen to more speakers. Which if I'm dropping that much change. I have no issue at all.

To say the least I'm new to the REAL surround sound feel, and quality of it all. I don't think you actually appreciate it all, until you really listen to amazing speakers. Which I was amazed by the studio 60s. But that was just in a musical setup(un-believe-able)

So throw your recommendations at me, I'll see what I can do about finding a dealer and taking a listen. thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGooberKing /forum/post/18185938

I wouldn't say that its going to be something I do often. But definitely will. I primarily will be using the setup for HT. Currently have looked at Klipsch, DefTech and recently the Paradigm setup.

Any recommendations on setups whether it be Paradigm or another brand will just mean I go out and listen to more speakers. Which if I'm dropping that much change. I have no issue at all.

To say the least I'm new to the REAL surround sound feel, and quality of it all. I don't think you actually appreciate it all, until you really listen to amazing speakers. Which I was amazed by the studio 60s. But that was just in a musical setup(un-believe-able)

So throw your recommendations at me, I'll see what I can do about finding a dealer and taking a listen. thanks for the reply.

I recently auditioned Paradigm Studio 60s/CC-490 and was really really impressed but due to the cost I started looking at other brands, I auditioned B&W 683/HTM61 over the weekend but wasn't impressed especially after listening to Studio 60s but I considered B&W because I have really old B&W Matrix 801 Series 3 speakers for music which are amazing and thought I am obligated to try out B&Ws. I just got couple dealer locations for Monitor Audio from the local rep so will have try them out this week but I like Paradigm Studio so much that if Monitor Audio Silver RX don't fit the bill will just buy Studo 60 fronts and CC-590 center channel and will add surrounds later on. I really don't want to do that but local Paradigm dealers are not really helpful in terms of discounts, one guy did not offer any discount off list and other two were like 10% off list so started looking at other brands.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm actually going to go out and take a listen to some Klipsch 35s tomorrow I think. I really don't like the idea spending more then 3500, and after spending 1600 on the pair of Studio 60s, and have to turn around and buy a nice receiver and center, kinda depressing after hearing the price tag. LOL. But your right they sound AWESOME! unbelieveable, if I dont find anything that makes me excited as those 60s, im going to grab them too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts