AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a pair of Paradigm Studio/60's... I'm wondering if they are a decent speaker for around the $1400 mark, or if I should look elsewhere... I compared them to the Studio/40's (which seem really nice) and the B&W DM603S2.. I prefered the Paradigm's for overall sound, though I liked the B&W's high end handling a little better..

What are your guys opinions on these speakers? Keeping in mind that these speakers will only be for music (classic rock, folk, newage and maybe some industrial/dance on occasion..)

I will be mating these to an Onkyo TX-906, approx 8years old or so.. Not the best equipment, but I do plan on upgrading that eventaully..

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
One of the best things about the Paradigm vs the B&W is the Paradigms have a much, much larger sweet spot, horizontally and vertically.

If you plan to be the only one listening, and you sit in the same spot, the B&W's probably sound a little bit better to me.

If you have a HT or others will also be listening, the Paradigms win hands down.

Also, for HT I think the Paradigms are more dynamic sounding.

-- Cain

·
Registered
506 Posts
I bought a set of mint PSB Goldi's for around $1300 including shipping. I previously had owned the Paradigm 60s, (and a pair of Magnepans for a short time after that,) and the 60's are a good speaker. To me they were a bit "dark" sounding but they did sound much more realistic than the Magnepans which to me sounded similiar to my ancient Dahlquists-good but not very accurate. If you haven't checked out a new pair of PSB Silvers which would run you a little less than the $1400 or a pair of the Golds , I would just because they are in your price range and are excellent speakers.

A great site for used speakers is Audiogon. I have used Paypal and a credit card and so far have not had any problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.