AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my system from 7.1 to 9.2 and would love some advice on which way to go.

I currently have a Paradigm Studio 7.1 Setup with Studio 80's ,CC690 up the front and Studio ADP's sides and Studio 20's Rear Back. My plan is too get another pair of 20's and use them as wides up the front, but i have a few options that i would like you opinions on.

Option 1, Take the Studio 20's from the rear back and put them up the front as wides, then replace them with ADP-470's thus having Studio ADP's as Sides and Studio ADP-470's as the rear backs.

Option 2, buy another pair of studio 20's for the front wides leaving the studio 20's at the rear?

I suppose what i an asking if are direct speakers better for the rear backs or are dipoles better?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I personally don't think that height and wide speakers get very much sent to them so I would use the cheapest thing you can come up with. Studio 10s or some SE1s would save you some money. I tried wide speakers and didnt notice any difference. I think I'm going to get some Paradigm millenia ones and use them as either hieght speakers or surround backs. I have studio 20s and a cc570 up front and mini monitors as surrounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 /forum/post/19630365

I personally don't think that height and wide speakers get very much sent to them so I would use the cheapest thing you can come up with. Studio 10s or some SE1s would save you some money. I tried wide speakers and didnt notice any difference. I think I'm going to get some Paradigm millenia ones and use them as either hieght speakers or surround backs. I have studio 20s and a cc570 up front and mini monitors as surrounds.

Thank you

I might also have a look at those, i can get a really good deal on the others

1 - 3 of 3 Posts