AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm using the Klipsch synergy series, B3 front, C3 center, and S3 rears with a 10 in sub for HT and music. Music just hasn't sounded as good as I think it should so I was looking into giving the Paradigm Titans v5 with some atoms a shot. Using a Denon 788 and HT/music will be about 50/50 usage, with alt., classic rock, and techno the main music. Trying out anything is not an option 'cause there are no stores here. The Titan setup would be in my price range. Was wondering if anyone has listened to these against each other and what they thought? Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have not heard the Klipsch, but I am using Titan v5's with a cc 290 and I am vey happy with them . I have listened to some music blurays and the sound was very good, nicely detailed and very clear even at high volumes. they are not very bassy , but that is what your sub is for. they were a very good improvement from my JBL e50's. Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
578 Posts
and although they are nice speakers, they aren't very sensitive.. which is one reason I never felt the 'dynamics' of HT using them.. Even with music, I felt I was missing the sibilance.. (not the B&W sibilance.. that is ear piercing.. sorry B&W fans
and just getting mids.. bass response is mediocre at best so you need to cross over around 120Hz and then.. don't know many subs that are 'musical' at 120Hz..

like everything else.. the paradigm are good but with trade-offs you need to consider..

·
Registered
685 Posts
the v5 and v6 Titans are nothing like the older Titans. They are 91 db. they are similar in name only.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodK /forum/post/15424464

the v5 and v6 Titans are nothing like the older Titans. They are 91 db. they are similar in name only.

As mentioned, the Titan/Atom names are now part of the new Monitor line... the Performance and Monitor lines have basically merged and all are now timbre matched using the same drivers. I'd say the new Titans are more akin to the older Monitor 3s than anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.