AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its a scaled down version of the seismics, which I think have generally had good reviews. Haven't heard this one yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung
Anyone heard anything about this new sub from Paradigm? The price is a bit steep, but size-wise its very friendly for those with confined space for their HT setup.
http://www.castercomm.com/press.cfm?id=80

http://www.castercomm.com/pr_docs/Ul...IA%20FINAL.doc
Yes, I just bought one yesterday. I was at my local speaker store and he had one new in the box, which he was going to take home and audition himself. I was there getting some work done on my car stereo system and asked him causually what he thought was the best subwoofer going for a home theater system, as I'm moving to a ground floor apartment and can finally get one without worrying about neighbors below me.

He cuts this box open and shows me - it was tiny and heavy. From what he described it sounded perfect for an apartment like I was moving into so I took it. I brought it home and tried it out in my current (3rd floor) apartment and the thing rocked. I had been going subless for a few years though (with my front Paradigms set to Large) so it could simply be that I'm just still getting used to that extra (important!) channel.

Anyhow, I think Paradigm is basically tring to go head to head with some of sunfire's compact subs, and I'm very pleased with this one so far. I have had Paradigms for a few years now (fronts/center) and have really liked them. This was a perfect addition for me.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tlianza,

Can you provide any new updates of your impressions on the ultracube after having it for a couple of weeks now?

·
Registered
348 Posts
tlianza, are you moved now?

I would like very much to hear your impressions on whether or not this sub is disturbing your neighbours. Soon, I'll be moving in a basement level condo (kinda like you, I've been running subless), so now I'm shopping for a sub around that price, and I most worried about the upper neighbour. So how they’re doing? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.