AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer is trying to sell me a Ultracube, but I can't find any info or reviews on it anywhere on the net. Any input on it would be appreciated.

My room is 20 x 22 x 9 (ceilings), with one wall open to the kitchen. I am doing a modest home entertainment center with a Denon 2805, Paradigm Studio 20 speakers, cc-470 center, and SA-10R in ceiling for surrounds (no where else to put a rear speaker). My wife INSISTS on a small sub, but I have blown my budget and want to stay in the $800 or less range on the sub. I will use it for mostly music and regular TV, with an occasional movie.

An ultracube will make my wife happy, but will I be disappointed? Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've also been trying to find some info on this. My dealer says it's a cheaper version of the seismic, but they don't have it in to test yet. When I last checked a couple of days ago, it wasn't even on the paradigm site. What's the msrp that your dealer quoted you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found only 3 websites that have some info on it. MSRP is $799. A UK site has all sorts of graphs I can't understand. All the local Deteroit dealer already have one adn I heard it. Sounds great, but what do I know.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
slow: might not be able to cope with Steve Harris ;D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka
http://www.avtalk.co.uk/forum/index....&SQ=1123683352

There is a good review of the Ultracube 10". It doesn't go super deep, but above 40 Hz it gets pretty damn loud for its size. Group delay and ETF spectrogram suggests that it's a little bit slow (deep bass), but I wouldn't trust too much on those graphs. :)
Whereas, presumably, we should simply accept all YOUR results at face value. Ilkka, these constant attempts to smear me and AV Talk are so unworthy of someone that professes to be taken seriously in sub testing. You don't find me questioning your results, or those of Ed Mullen, do you? Kindly desist from these childish remarks. :mad:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Charlie,

I know Illka was a little unkind in a thread recently but I don't believe his intent in that comment was to question the methodology or results of your testing. I think he meant that group delay and spectrogram results are not good reasons to buy or avoid a particular subwoofer. He did start the post by saying there is a good review on the sub in question and he provided a link to yours. Maybe Illka will chime in. I hope we can all get along.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.