AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visited my Paradigm dealer today and noticed the floor samples of the Studio 40's were labeled "Studio 40 v.4". Dealer said that the v.4 identified the speaker as "version 4".

Bought two of the 40's and they loaded them into my car.

When I got home and began to unpack them from their container, I noticed the containers were marked "Studio 40 v.3".

Called the dealer and asked why they gave me version 3 instead of 4, and was told that v3 and v4 are actually identical .

Anyone know if this is true? I found a couple of phone numbers in Paradigm's brochure and plan to call tomorrow but thought one of our members might know .

Thanks,

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am not aware of any Studio V4 there is Monitor version 4 and studio V3 if there is a v4 studio then it must be very new I just got my V3 studio 100s and studio cc570. I'll look further.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Something doesn't sound right. Unless I'm mistaken, Paradigm has not yet come out with a version 4 in the Reference series, which includes the 40's. Where did you see the v.4? On the rear factory labeling of the speaker itself or on a sign sitting on the speaker?

Trust me -- if/when Paradigm comes out with a version 4 for the Reference line, it will be different / improved in some significant way. I think your salesman is all wet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Agreed 100%

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:
Visited my Paradigm dealer today and noticed the floor samples of the Studio 40's were labeled "Studio 40 v.4".
The Studio 40 v.4 must have been written or typed on a sign or shelf tag, right?

Like jimmymit said, your salesman is mistaken, and is trying to cover it up by telling you v.3 and v.4 are identical. The Paradigm Reference Studio v.3 line was (I believe) released in 2004. There is no v.4 line as yet. No worries though -- you still made it home with a great pair of speakers :cool: .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac3
The Studio 40 v.4 must have been written or typed on a sign or shelf tag, right?

Like jimmymit said, your salesman is mistaken, and is trying to cover it up by telling you v.3 and v.4 are identical. The Paradigm Reference Studio v.3 line was (I believe) released in 2004. There is no v.4 line as yet. No worries though -- you still made it home with a great pair of speakers :cool: .
You may be right. A label on top of the speakers and a sign with the asking price in front said "v.4". I didn't look at the back of one to verify.

I have a call in to a T/S person with Paradigm and will let you know what he says.

By the way, I am so pleased with my v.3's that I can't believe that a v.4 could improve their performance.

Might also comment about my center speaker. Instead of going with their CC-470 (the -570 was too wide to fit into my credenza), I bought one of their Studio 20's for center. Had enough room to place it in a standing position behind a grill in the credenza's center. This choice over the -440 saved me some cash and am very happy with my setup.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mystery resolved.

A T/S person from Paradigm called and said there is no version 4 for the Studio series. Mentioned a v.4 for the Monitor series and said dealer must have mislabeled them. I called the dealer and he had already been called by Paradigm and was changing his signs and apologized for the mistake.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey, see if he give you a break or refund on the price seeing that you were hopelessly lead into believing that you had the latest greatest V4s? You never know :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.