AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in shopping today and noticed that the dealer had only v2s, not v3s.

I asked if there was a difference, he didn't know.

Is there any design, driver, etc. difference between v2s and v3s? How about price? should there be a price difference? Are v2s considered "carryovers"?

He confused me because I asked if the v2s should be lower, he said "no, the prices are all coming off Paradigms website and are the same for v2s and v3s." I did some more questioning and he said "I can GET you v3s, but they'll be more."

So, I have a sneaky suspicion, which I asked about, that he's charging me for v3s but selling me v2s. And the "deal" he's giving me ($100 of MSRP at best) is for the v2s.

I hate dealers that talk out the .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Which Paradigm speakers? The Studios do not yet have a v.3, the monitors do have a v.3 that came out about half a year ago. I think a few of their other lines are also at v.3 now.

As far as I know, Paradigm does not post MSRP on the website. At least, they never have, they may now. If you posted which speakers you were looking at, and what price was given, I'm sure people could tell you if it was a good deal or not.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did post that in another thread, but here's the current standings:

Monitor 3s

CC270

ADP170

PDR10

He's quoting $1420 for the package. With an ADP70 in place of the ADP170s, the quote was $1290.

My dilema is that he stated he's getting prices of the web, and I'm sure they're for v3s. But, I looked and the speakers he has are all v2s. To me, that's a "carryover" product.

He won't budge at all. I'm pretty much fed up with Paradigm and how they do business, and how they train their salesguys. I'd buy BAs if we had a dealer in town, but other than that all we have is Sears, Best buy and Radio Shack. :)

Anyone want to open a nice HT shop in my town (45k people). We desperatley need compitition for mid-high end stuff!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They had prices for the PDF-10 and the Monitor 3s, but not the CC270 or the ADP170s. Thanks!

Still would LOVE to hear if v2 and v3 are different... or should be different prices.

·
Banned
1,108 Posts
I have Monitor 11's. Retail $1000 pr. Paid $750 CC370 Retail $350. Paid $250.

These are V2 series and were discounted because V3's were replacing

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've heard the v.3 Monitor 7's, but did not get a chance to compare them to the v.2's. I did compare them to Studio 60's, and in my opinion they were a bit bass heavy with less definition then the Studio's.

You can tell if it is a v.3 though by looking at the tweeter and comparing it to a Studio tweeter. The v.3 will have the exact same tweeter, while the v.2 had a different diffuser ring (if that's what it is called, I'm not sure). That was one of the improvements they made to the v.3, they also went to a 2.5 way crossover on the Monitor 7, and I think they improved their drivers as well. But if you're looking for a way to tell which version it is, the tweeter is it. They did increase the price when they went to v.3, but I'm not sure the amount.

I'm not really sure if I've helped any, or if I'm just recycling information you already know.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i appreciate any feedback. Trust me! :)

My main concern is if the v2s have a lower msrp than the v3s for the speakers I've mentioned. I thought about calling Paradigm, but they don't list info on their web page, and I'm sure they'll just say "ask your dealer".

But usually when something sounds fishy, it does, and I think my dealer isn't on the same page as me. Maybe there's a Paradigm dealer around on these forums that can tell me for sure if the Paradigm web site lists prices for v2 and v3s seperately. And if the v2s are being discounted.

Man, it's frustrating not having the selection around here! It's best buy, sears, or this 50 year old place where everything is paid for and they don't care about making the sale or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know where in mn you are located, but here in the mpls area the main paradigm dealer (I'm aware of) is Stereoland ( www.stereoland.com )

check their website for phone#'s etc. I personally prefer their uptown locale for assist. but either may be able to answer your questions.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great, Mr. Mom. Called Bill at Stereoland and got the "we can't make quotes over the phone" which is understandable, but he did answer my questions on the difference between v2 and v3. There are small changes, the prices are the same except for the monitor3s (v2s are 50 bucks cheaper). I told him my quote of 1420 and he said that it would be about the best he could do as well.

So, good info. Reluctant dealers and manipulative companies worry (why I dont' use Amsoil in my vehicles...hehe..). But, they're great speakers. Just hope they get them in!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by circularduck
Which Paradigm speakers? The Studios do not yet have a v.3, the monitors do have a v.3 that came out about half a year ago. I think a few of their other lines are also at v.3 now.
What about the plain ol' Performance series? I've got Titan bookshelfs, and i was thinking of going with them for my 5.1 system (old Infinity set isn't cutting it). Last I checked they were still at v2 (CMC tweeter).

·
Registered
299 Posts
bvstone, I sent you a private message

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.