2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying the following:

Paradigm Monitor 7 for L/R $630

Paradigm Mini Monitors for back $333

Paradigm CC-370 Center $315

Paradigm PS-1000 Sub $495

Denon AVR1804 Receiver $450

Anybody see anything wrong with this combination? A good deal?

Room is hardwood floor, 15 x 20 x 8 with TV on the 15' end. Back end of the room is open into the kitchen, with a 1/2 wall separating them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Graybar,

I just purchased the System 8 (Monitor 11's, CC-370, ADP-370's, and substituted the ADP-170's for the sub as I already had a Velodyne CHT-10). I have also pre-ordered the 3805 from my dealer and waiting (anxiously) for it to get here. Before getting the speakers, I tried them out with a 3803 and they sounded awesome. Looking at your proposal, IMHO I think you should consider the 11's instead of the 7's (for just a few hundred more, I think they sound that much better). Either way, I think you have made a fine choice.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Currently looking at Paradigm setup myself with Monitor 9s. What is the difference in price between Monitor 9 and 11s and is the difference that great/justified by the price difference?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am in a similar situation, I got the 3803 off 6ave for a steal but I still haven't decided on speakers. I went to a local hi-end store, not BB, CC, etc, and listened to a pair of monitor 7's, and 11's as they didn't have 9's. The 7's sounded better but I only think that was because of they're placement. What really sounded amazing were the Klipsch RF-35's. They sounded much better than the paradigms, I know this is a matter of personal preference, but just my .02. Now I just need to find a 6ave-esque deal on some Klipsch. So far brandnamez.com has the best deal.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Quote:
Currently looking at Paradigm setup myself with Monitor 9s. What is the difference in price between Monitor 9 and 11s and is the difference that great/justified by the price difference?
I believe it's $900 retail for the 9's, 11's are $1050. I think the cost for the 11's is justified. IMO I found the 9's flat and lifeless but full, the 11's more detailed and airy. Maybe a little more low-end on the 9's, but not by much, and I thought it to be muddier. I brought my wife to listen as well and she felt the same, so we got the 11's.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by programmergeek
looks godd I have almost the exact set up but I would do a 3803 it is just better and cleaner sound and for 6th ave price go for the 200 more.
Was the 3803 recently on sale or something, as the current price (unless I'm missing something) on 6ave is $999.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.