AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
A flood of new details on Ridley Scott's two-part Alien prequel have emerged courtesy of a report by Vulture. For starters, perhaps the biggest news is that the prequel will be known as Paradise (no more of this Untitled Alien Prequel business). It's certainly bold, and sure not to please everyone, but is it going to help mark this out as a totally new direction for the franchise? The plot will centre on....
Click on the link for spoilers, but don't reveal them here!

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Yes, excited for these.

·
23,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/19620380

It is very very very very hard for me not to click on that link. Stupid spoilers. Will probably be hard to avoid though.

I clicked on the link and the short article has a 1 sentence plot description that I wouldn't consider a spoiler. It also talks about possible cast members. There are links on the right for other articles that may contain spoilers, but I didn't click to look.

larry

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I don't think it's possible to spoil anything yet. The link goes to a description that had minor details from the story leaked months ago, and yet the newest spoils describe something very different. Between this, the PG13 rumors and the 3D BS, it's all over the place.

To date anything attached to '3D' has been about the 3D and script takes a back seat if one was there to begin with.

Lets hope this has a chance to be different.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I would like to see the Tattoo girl in a different role for a change. Love the Millennium and the Alien series.

·
Registered
765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles /forum/post/19626880

I totally gave up on Ridley Scott some years ago. I am completely not excited about this in any way.

I rather enjoyed Gladiator.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker /forum/post/19632566

I rather enjoyed Gladiator.

A lot of us did at first. If there had been no other sword and sandal flicks afterward, we'd still feel the same way. If Ridley had not piled onto the Hollywood repeat cycle 2 times.... you get the point.

Is there a chance he'll kick in his obvious chops to create a great SciFi once more? Most of us know he could do it, but doubt he'll be allowed the chance. There's not much proof of it happening in the last decade.

If something close to the Alien Harvest Script happens in it's R form, I'll eat my words.

A PG13 will tell us all we need to know.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
The Ridley Scott most of us became enthralled with years ago was the meticulous to the point of obsessive film maker, e.g. Alien, BladeRunner etc. That Ridley Scott seems to be gone. He has a formula now and made a switch at some point - as he practically brags now he likes to shoot fast, fast, fast and get er done. It tends to show, at least compared to his old films.

I think he's still capable of doing some cool stuff in sci-fi, though. But the "new" Ridley Scott tempers my hopes from getting too high.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I have not yet watched "Robin Hood," but other than "G.I. Jane," I can name no Ridley Scott-directed movie that I have no interest in watching...

·
Registered
15,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/19639476

I have not yet watched "Robin Hood," but other than "G.I. Jane," I can name no Ridley Scott-directed movie that I have no interest in watching...

Personally, I can think of quite a few RS movies that I have no interest in watching (or in watching again):

1992 1492: Conquest of Paradise

White Squall

G.I. Jane

A Good Year

American Gangster

Body of Lies

Robin Hood

(And I just can't get interested in Kingdom of Heaven either).

I haven't seen Matchstick Men so I'm not sure whether to add it to the list.

I'm a huge, massive fan of Alien and Bladerunner...and figured I'd want to see anything this guy ever made. But Ridley just became too sporadic afterward so the interest level meter has been much lower for many years. His return to Alien does have me intrigued, though.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness /forum/post/19639544

That movie is one of the best cures for insomnia out there. Or at least, the beginning of it is. Can't say about the rest of it.

With regards to the thread topic, we'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not overly excited. I'm guessing we'll get something that is an average movie, but with the built in interest of being a Scott title about Aliens.

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness /forum/post/19639544

Personally, I can think of quite a few RS movies that I have no interest in watching (or in watching again):

1992 1492: Conquest of Paradise

White Squall

G.I. Jane

A Good Year

American Gangster

Body of Lies

Robin Hood

I haven't seen Matchstick Men so I'm not sure whether to add it to the list.

I'm a huge, massive fan of Alien and Bladerunner...and figured I'd want to see anything this guy ever made. But Ridley just became too sporadic afterward so the interest level meter has been much lower for many years. His return to Alien does have me intrigued, though.

Don't forget Matchstick Men

But Scott does have a very good track record with Sci-Fi films. Going back to his roots will IMO prove to be successful.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I suppose this is enough of a Ridley Scott thread to keep that part of the discussion going: Matchstick Men is a very good movie.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM4UK /forum/post/19641587

I suppose this is enough of a Ridley Scott thread to keep that part of the discussion going: Matchstick Men is a very good movie.

His Robin Hood didn't suck either. A different take but good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts