AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at Paragon's machines. I really like the look of the Thrifty but it doesn't have a warmer like the Home Theater does. Is one really better than the other? Does a warmer make that much of a difference? I was looking at the 4oz size.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got a paragon yellow cineplex 4 oz machine last week. And honestly I can not be any happier. We have used it only a few times so far. its a nice size not to big but not small looking either. The warmer helps crisp up the popcorn, and you can keep it in there say over night and about a half hour before you eat again just turn the deck heater back on and stir occasionally and your as good as new. The only thing that I can see being an issue is the way the kettle drops if you have a full machine you may need to push popcorn out of the way for clearance. But thats not a big deal to me. its a snap to clean also. I got mine at stargate and it was the cheapest I seen anywhere and it was free shipping I think I had it in 2 days.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The Thrifty is Paragon's entry level model. It's still built well but doesn't have the warming deck and old maid drawer. If you look around on the forum you will see that almost everyone here prefers a warming deck for two reasons:

1.) To keep the popcorn warm

2.) To re-heat the popcorn the next time you would like to eat it- Some people (myself included) like the popcorn the next day even more than the day it was popped. There's something about how it dries and tastes the next day or two.

The Old Maid drawer (perforated deck and sliding drawer below) makes cleaning up the inside of the machine much easier. You don't have to wrangle up the little unpopped kernels and pick them up. You just sweep them over the holes and away they go.

You will have your Paragon machine for a LONG time. So in my opinion it's worth it to go with the nicer machine with more features, even though it costs more.

·
Banned
34 Posts
The Paragon Theater Pop machine is their top of the line popper with all the goodies. The Thrifty Pop is just that, thrifty! We encourage folks to purchase a model that features a heated corn deck and an old maid drawer for the best in popcorn freshness and to also help removed the unpopped kernals from the popped corn.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Here is another tip.

If you can wait, Stargate Cinema has their online sale one or twice a year.

Whenever that happens, forum members are the first ones to know.

You can save $ that way.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Meg can probably answer that but I don't see why you can't buy the cart with the logo separately. Brickie a member on this forum, had his own logo done and made his own cart a few years back for his Paragon.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Due to licensing agreements, "officially licensed" products can only be obtained through the licensed organizations that have paid for and obtained the proper licesne to distribute products with a copyrighted, trademarked or otherwise protected logo, trademark, etc. So, to answer your question, no, the logos are not available soley for distribution.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
If you have someone who can draw in your family, I don't see why you can't make your own logo.

Here is brickie's cart that he made and did the artwork.

Here are diy carts by Brickie and PamW.

I say try to modify or make one or your own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts