2,939 Posts
‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’ Moves To Showtime From Paramount+

·
Registered
15,724 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I guess Showtime doesn't want any sci-fi...first Halo moved to Paramount+ and now this...
Actually it is a push. THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH is moving from Paramount+ to Showtime. HALO is moving from Showtime to Paramount+.

I posted it here since there isn't a pure Showtime content discussion thread that is active. Sorry if that made you think it was moving to Paramount+. :oops:

Reactions: TitusTroy

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Warner Bros, D.C Films And Chernin Teaming On ‘Hourman’ Film With Gavin James And Neil Widener Writing The Script
By Justin Kroll

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. and D.C. Films are developing an adaptation of the popular comic Hourman with Chernin Entertainment joining as producers. The adaptation is being penned by writing duo Gavin Games and Neil Widener. This will mark the first time Chernin has developed a DC property.

Originally created by Ken Fitch and Bernard Baily in 1940, the hero had three different versions with the first one featuring chemist Rex Tyler marking the first time we met the character. Tyler would create a new synthesis, “Miraclo”, which grants him super-strength and endurance, but only for one hour. The Rex’s son Rick Tyler, would later go on to play the hero and ultimately becoming the most popular Hourman as the years went on.

Over the past decade, D.C. has been playing with the ideas of how to proceed with an Hourman project, coming close in 2013 when they began developing a series around the Rex Tyler character for the CW. While that never moved forward, the character was featured in Legends of Tomorrow where Tyler served as the leader of the group.

It is unknown which character will play Hourman at this point.

Over the last couple of years, DC and WB have begun to ramp up there development on film projects like Hourman that aren’t as popular as Batman or Superman in the DC canon. They recently tapped Charm City Kings director Angel Manuel Soto to helm a Blue Beetle as well as announcing development on a Zatanna movie.

As for Chernin, while they aren’t known for developing comic book properties they have shown the ability to successfully relaunch popular IP into box-office and critical hits which include the Planet of the Apes trilogy. The series not only went on to gross more than $1.6 billion at the worldwide box-office but earned praise for its ground-breaking effects and motion-capture performances.

It also marks a reunion between Chernin and James and Widener who sold the pitch Liberty Road to 3000 Pictures with Chernin producing years ago, marking the the first time the three worked together. James and Widener are currently working on several projects including The Hot Wheels movie for WB and a sequel to San Andreas for New Line.

They are repped by CAA, Grandview and attorney Greg Slewett.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Dianne Wiest Joins Jeremy Renner In Taylor Sheridan’s ‘Mayor of Kingstown’ Series For Paramount+

By Nellie Andreeva

Oscar winner Dianne Wiest has been tapped to star opposite Jeremy Renner in Paramount+’s drama series Mayor of Kingstown, from Yellowstone co-creator Taylor Sheridan, Antoine Fuqua, 101 Studios and MTV Entertainment Studios.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’ Moves To Showtime From Paramount+
Disappointing for those who don't have Showtime. The scripted original drama content on Paramount+ is terribly thin.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
This is the true story... of 7 strangers... music programs... animations... and so much more. Discover MTV on Paramount+.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
n the latest episode of Peak of the Week, host Ash Crossan (Entertainment Tonight) takes us through the exciting stuff hitting Paramount+, including a new episode of The Real World Homecoming: New York and the next round of NCAA March Madness match-ups. Plus, get an in-depth look at For Heaven's Sake, a comedic docuseries that follows one family's journey as they attempt to solve a mysterious disappearance from decades ago. Finally, enjoy a throwback to some must-watch episodes of the classic sitcom Everybody Hates Chris, a celebration of Queen Latifah's birthday, and more.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
that Real World: Homecoming series is pretty entertaining...I watched Episode 3 and found their discussion of social issues to be well done for a 'reality' show...it feels more 'real' then most of the fake 'reality' shows...picture quality is also pretty impressive for 1080p SDR...some great detail

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
Jeffrey M. Hayes Dies: Exec Who Oversaw ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’, ‘MacGyver’ Was 68
By Greg Evans

Jeffrey M. Hayes, a longtime producer whose executive tenure at Paramount Pictures Network Television saw him overseeing the development of series including MacGyver and Star Trek: The Next Generation, died March 9 in Los Angeles from an illness unrelated to Covid-19. He was 68.

His death was announced by Michelle Orsi of Three.Sixty Marketing & Communications.

Hayes’s career in producing, writing and directing began at Aaron Spelling Productions, where his projects included Vega$ and T.J. Hooker. From there, Hayes became Executive VP of Paramount Pictures Network Television.

In the late 1980s, Hayes moved to Australia’s Gold Coast to help build a production operation that would span over 25 years and produce over 300 hours of US/International television. As President of Village Roadshow Pictures Television he executive produced Sahara, In Pursuit of Honor, the remake of the television series Mission Impossible and The Thorn Birds – The Missing Years with The Wolper Organization.

In 2000, Hayes formed his own production company Coote/Hayes Productions and executive produced television features, series and miniseries including the classic remake of On The Beach, The Lost World series, Salem’s Lot, Starter Wife and Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King, where he first met director-producer Brian Henson.

“Jeff was one of the loveliest people in the world, with an infectious laugh that could shut down a room,” said Henson. “Meeting Jeff on Battleground began a long friendship and working relationship that I treasured. He was an astute producer who could make tough decisions while remaining kind – a tough balancing act in this work. I will miss him dearly.”

Hayes received an AFI award for Best Miniseries for On The Beach, the VFX Emmy award for Stephen King’s Battleground and the NAACP award for Best TV Movie Trip To Bountiful.

Hayes is survived by his wife and business partner Lisa Hayes, children Christopher and Jacqueline and siblings Chip, Cathy and Cindy.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
that Real World: Homecoming series is pretty entertaining...I watched Episode 3 and found their discussion of social issues to be well done for a 'reality' show...it feels more 'real' then most of the fake 'reality' shows...picture quality is also pretty impressive for 1080p SDR...some great detail
Every White Person Should Watch This Week’s The Real World Homecoming

Every white person in America should watch the latest episode of this Paramount+ series, which is one of the best televised encapsulations of what makes discussions about bias and racism so difficult in this country...the way that Rebecca responds to what Kevin is saying — with defensiveness, deflection, and a stubborn unwillingness to listen — makes it seem like she is trying to check the box next to every item on a list called “How White People Should Not Respond When a Black Person Is Trying to Engage Honestly About Racism"...

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
William Shatner celebrates 90th birthday by creating an AI version of himself for future generations

The 'Star Trek' actor has joined interactive storytelling app, StoryFile, as a brand ambassador.

By Ruth Kinane

William Shatner is celebrating his 90th birthday in a way that would impress even Captain Kirk.

On Monday, StoryFile — an upcoming interactive storytelling app — announced that the iconic actor/writer/director is joining the company as a brand ambassador. Shatner who's also marking a big birthday milestone Monday, is the first person to work with StoryFile Life to create an AI-powered interactive conversational video that his family and friends can interact with for years to come, available beginning May 2021.

"This is for all my children and all my children's children and all my children's loved ones and all the loved ones of the loved ones," said Shatner. "That's my gift to you down through time."

Storyfile is set to launch in June 2021. The technology used to to deliver interactive storytelling includes the patented "Artificially Intelligent Interactive Memories System" on Conversa, which uses natural language processing and other innovative technologies.

"William Shatner is going where no one has gone before," said StoryFile Co-Founder and CEO Heather Maio-Smith. "Generations in the future will be able to have a conversation with him. Not an avatar, not a deep fake, but with the real William Shatner answering their questions about his life and work. This changes the trajectory of the future — of how we experience life today, and how we share those lessons and stories for generations to come."

StoryFile co-founder, Stephen Smith, added, "Who better to show the world how StoryFile Life works than, William Shatner, a man the world knows for stretching our imaginations about the future and life in this universe and beyond. A man who has always generously shared the highs and lows with us, and who has mastered the art of storytelling."
Shatner isn't the first prominent figure to partner up with StoryFile. Last year, the company surprised the world with the first and only AI Santa Claus.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
that Real World: Homecoming series is pretty entertaining...I watched Episode 3 and found their discussion of social issues to be well done for a 'reality' show...it feels more 'real' then most of the fake 'reality' shows..
Every White Person Should Watch This Week’s The Real World Homecoming

Every white person in America should watch the latest episode of this Paramount+ series, which is one of the best televised encapsulations of what makes discussions about bias and racism so difficult in this country...the way that Rebecca responds to what Kevin is saying — with defensiveness, deflection, and a stubborn unwillingness to listen — makes it seem like she is trying to check the box next to every item on a list called “How White People Should Not Respond When a Black Person Is Trying to Engage Honestly About Racism"...

I reached my article limit so I couldn't read the entire text, but I hope it pointed how spot on Julie's reaction was: that she showed a continued interest in learning and growing, even admitting to feeling uncomfortable at the predominantly Black anniversary of the Selma march, while striving to be anti-racist (not just not racist). The contrast couldn't have been more stark while feeling totally real, as you pointed out.

I also couldn't help noticing how the producers got the final word in at the end of the episode by showing an archival clip of Kevin saying about Becky, "she's never going to change." I do kind of feel bad for her though. This will now be her Real World legacy because she wasn't willing to stick it out and let this reunion experience help her grow even more in light of recent developments in the actual real world.

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
What do Being Mary Jane, American Soul, and The Real Husbands of Hollywood have in common? They're all waiting for you now. Catch your favorites from BET, now streaming on Paramount+.

·
Registered
15,724 Posts
I reached my article limit so I couldn't read the entire text, but I hope it pointed how spot on Julie's reaction was: that she showed a continued interest in learning and growing, even admitting to feeling uncomfortable at the predominantly Black anniversary of the Selma march, while striving to be anti-racist (not just not racist). The contrast couldn't have been more stark while feeling totally real, as you pointed out.
the article touches on Julie's perspective a bit: "Even Julie, the youngest of the group, who was cast as the naïve country girl from Alabama back in the 1990s, is more progressive and comfortable discussing these matters"

"The real problem in this conversation — and it’s so easy to see observing it from the outside — is that Kevin and Rebecca each want different things from it. Kevin wants Rebecca to listen and finally hear where he is coming from with regard to race and privilege, and Rebecca just wants to prove that she isn’t racist"

·
Registered
20,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
‘Younger’: Ana Villafañe To Guest Star On Paramount+ Comedy’s Seventh & Final Season
By Alexandra Del Rosario

EXCLUSIVE: Ana Villafañe has joined the cast of Younger as the Paramount+ series heads into its seventh and final season.

The Sunnyside and New Amsterdam actress will guest star as KT, a highly organized type-A music manager to Floaty V, a very needy, on-the-go pop star. Always on the call, KT carries two phones and manages to keep the chaotic organized, often at the expense of her personal life. When Floaty V wants an Inkburg tattoo, KT’s interest is piqued by more than just ink.

Younger follows Liza Miller (Sutton Foster), a talented editor navigating the highly competitive world of publishing — while juggling the complications of mixing business with pleasure and facing the lie she created about her age to land her dream job. In the final season, Liza’s personal life is on shaky ground as she tries to stay true to herself. After a setback at work, Kelsey (Hilary Duff) doubts her career decisions and discovers a new creative outlet. Maggie (Debi Mazar) gets canceled.

301 - 320 of 383 Posts