AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
New data shows how much of Paramount Plus' TV and movie catalog is exclusive
Travis Clark | Mon, March 22, 2021

Here's the breakdown: (PARAMOUNT+)
  • 41% of Paramount Plus's TV-show catalog is exclusive to the service.
  • 23% of its movie catalog is exclusive.
  • 17% of its TV catalog is made up of originals
Here's how much of each service's entire library was made up of exclusive content:
  • Disney Plus: 89% (total catalog: 311 TV shows/742 movies)
  • Netflix: 83% (total catalog: 2,069 TV shows/3,766 movies)
  • HBO Max: 72% (total catalog: 606 TV shows/1,932 movies)
  • Hulu: 40% (total catalog: 1,700 TV shows/916 movies)
  • Amazon Prime Video: 38% (total catalog: 2,161 TV shows/14,670 movies)
While Prime Video had the lowest share of exclusives, it had the most content. Disney Plus had the highest share of exclusives, but it had the smallest library of the services measured.

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Reactions: Don S

·
Registered
15,781 Posts
one thing I like about Paramount+ (CBS-AA) is that they're always offering promo codes for free 30 day trials...my 30 day free trial ended yesterday (which I used to watch The Stand and Star Trek: Discovery Season 3) but then I went back into my account and used a different promo code (same account info) and got another 30 day free trial (promo code: MOUNTAIN) 👍 🏈:D

·
Registered
202 Posts
one thing I like about Paramount+ (CBS-AA) is that they're always offering promo codes for free 30 day trials...my 30 day free trial ended yesterday (which I used to watch The Stand and Star Trek: Discovery Season 3) but then I went back into my account and used a different promo code (same account info) and got another 30 day free trial (promo code: MOUNTAIN) 👍 🏈:D
I was doing the free promos for a while. But eventually found a deal for 18 months for $25.

·
Registered
202 Posts
What do Being Mary Jane, American Soul, and The Real Husbands of Hollywood have in common? They're all waiting for you now. Catch your favorites from BET, now streaming on Paramount+.

I was hoping they would add Martin but it's still only on BET+. Not sure why they don't just combine all the content into paramount+.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I was hoping they would add Martin but it's still only on BET+. Not sure why they don't just combine all the content into paramount+.
They are getting $9.99/month (WOW!!) for a commercial free BET+ service and they report over 1 million subscribers. Guess ViacomCBS is not in a hurry to give up that additional revenue stream. They are doing the same with Showtime, at least for now.

AMC Networks does something similar with Acorn TV. It reported over 1 million subscribers back in 2019 and when AMC+ streaming launched last year it included AMC Network content, Sundance NOW TV streaming, Shudder streaming and IFC Films Unlimited streaming. Acorn TV has remained a standalone subscription. I am guessing both think these specific streaming services serve an audience that they can grow without needing to bundle it with other streaming content.

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
I'm sure Viacom will keep Noggin ($8/mo) separate as well, with most of that content not migrating to P+ anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Paramount+ will stream Serie A soccer in the US starting next season
K. Holt | March 25th, 2021
ViacomCBS snatched the rights away from ESPN+.

Paramount+ is beefing up its soccer credentials. Starting in August, the service will stream all 380 matches from Italy's Serie A each season, along with at least 25 Coppa Italia matches (including the final) and the Supercoppa Italiana. Paramount+ and CBS Sports, which will air some games on other platforms, now have the exclusive US rights to Serie A through 2024.

Along with the Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga, Serie A is one of the big five European leagues, so this is a feather in the cap of Paramount+. The league is home to several top players, including Juventus megastar Cristiano Ronaldo. Paramount+ already streams UEFA Champions League and Europa League games, along with the National Women's Soccer League. It's also showing some CONCACAF Men’s World Cup qualifiers, in which the US Men's National Team is participating.

ESPN+ previously held the streaming rights for Serie A. While this move will be a bit of a blow for that service, ESPN+ is still a great deal for soccer fans in the US. It has the rights to the likes of the Bundesliga, Major League Soccer, Belgium Pro League and cup competitions in England.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
Paramount Plus Lands Hulu’s ‘Everyone Is Doing Great’ in First International Sale (EXCLUSIVE)

“Everyone Is Doing Great,” the comedy created by “One Tree Hill” alumni James Lafferty and Stephen Colletti, is heading to Paramount Plus outside the U.S.

The ViacomCBS-backed SVOD has picked up streaming rights to the eight-part Hulu series for the Nordics, Latin America and Australia — a deal that marks the show’s first international sale. Endeavor Content is handling the U.S. and international sales.

The comedy rolls out in the Nordics from Thursday, while Latin America and Australia premieres will come later this year. “Everyone Is Doing Great” launched in January on Hulu.

Written and produced by Lafferty and Colletti, the series follows actors Seth (Colletti) and Jeremy (Lafferty), who together enjoyed the success of hit television vampire drama “Eternal” and, five years after their show has wrapped, continue to lean on each other to navigate their professional and personal lives.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
March Madness, Baby Animals, Younger & More! | Peak Of The Week (3/26/2021) | Paramount+

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
Star Trek: First Contact Day Trailer | Paramount+

Celebrate First Contact Day on April 5, an event that includes themed panels featuring the cast and creative minds from Star Trek, exciting announcements and your favorite "First Contact" episodes from the Star Trek Universe.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Paramount+ is offering a month-long free trial to new subscribers — only until tomorrow

The streamer offers hit CBS shows as well as live TV and sports.

By Nina Huang

CBS All Access is dead, long live Paramount+.

After ViacomCBS announced in September last year that the six-year-old CBS All Access would be effectively rebranded as Paramount+, the latter was officially launched on March 4 this year with, well, not exactly a bang. Its brief moments in the sun so far were notably Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's interview with Oprah as well as the 63rd Grammy Awards, both of which streamed live on the site in addition to airing on the television network (but only the latter was available on demand after).

In a sense, Paramount+ is playing catch-up to fight for its place in the so-called streaming wars against popular, established platforms like Disney+ and Netflix. That's perhaps the reason Paramount+ rolled out an enticing one-month-long free trial for new subscribers — something that's undoubtedly attractive for The Good Fight, Star Trek, NCIS, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon fans — as well as a 50-percent-off deal for yearly memberships with code "YEAR." The offers are set to end tomorrow, March 31, making this the last chance for viewers to sign up for a lengthy test run of the remade platform.

With a Paramount+ subscription, viewers have access to the hundreds of shows under ViacomCBS' umbrella such as the aforementioned spin-off of The Good Wife, Picard, Lower Decks, and Discovery from Star Trek, and Nickelodeon hits like Avatar: The Last Airbender. Movies currently available include the first three Mission: Impossible films as well as classics like The Godfather and Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark. What's more, Paramount+ offers viewers live streaming access to CBS, CBSN, CBS Sports HQ, and ET Live, perfect for cord-cutters.

Soccer fans who follow the UEFA Champions League and Europa League can stream or catch matches on-demand on Paramount+, as well as the NFL's 2021 season when it starts in September for American football fans. Viewers who sign up for Paramount+ can cancel their subscription anytime before their free month ends and still enjoy the full trial, while those who want to stick with their subscriptions will be charged $5.99 per month for the ad-included plan or $9.99 per month for the commercial-free option. If you choose the year-long membership, the commercials-included plan will only be $29.99 annually under its current promotion while the ad-free option comes down to $59.99.

Make sure to subscribe to Paramount+ before tomorrow ends — it's unclear whether the streamer will extend its month-long free trial to viewers in April. Plus, keep Paramount+ on your radar with EW's coverage of the streamer here.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 ·
MTV Documentary Films’ Oscar-Nominated ‘Hunger Ward’ Set For Paramount+ Debut

EXCLUSIVE: A wider audience is about to get the chance to see director Skye Fitzgerald’s Hunger Ward, the Oscar-nominated short film from MTV Documentary Films.

The film, an unsparing look at the suffering of children in Yemen who have been reduced to starvation during the country’s civil war, will premiere on the Paramount+ streaming platform on Friday. Hunger Ward will be released the same day in more than 120 theaters, coupled with virtual cinema engagements, as part of the Academy’s 2021 Oscar Nominated Short Films program.

“It is an honor to have MTV Documentary Films and Paramount+ bring Hunger Ward’s urgent message of the humanitarian crisis affecting children of Yemen to a broad and engaged audience,” Fitzgerald said. Added Sheila Nevins, head of MTV Documentary Films, “The greatest humanitarian crisis exists in Yemen. Children are starving to death in front of America’s eyes. Filmmaker Skye Fitzgerald has made a documentary that says ‘no more.’ It is a must see for anyone with heart.”

321 - 340 of 389 Posts