AVS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
15,782 Posts
I watched the 2 recent episodes of Real World: Homecoming...really good series revolved around discussion of social and real world issues...so much different then typical reality shows these days...the cast is very charismatic and intelligent...they all must have drank from the Fountain of Youth as none of them look their age- Eric Nies is 49 years old yet looks 29

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
I watched the 2 recent episodes of Real World: Homecoming...really good series revolved around discussion of social and real world issues...so much different then typical reality shows these days...the cast is very charismatic and intelligent...they all must have drank from the Fountain of Youth as none of them look their age- Eric Nies is 49 years old yet looks 29
I've been pleasantly surprised as well. As I've probably said earlier, I haven't watched reality TV like this in more than 15 years. And I only ever saw the original New York season in bits and pieces when it first aired. The reunion couldn't have come at a better time in many ways. But as much as the show has addressed the current climate, including BLM and COVID, I'm surprised it hasn't addressed the biggest political elephant in the room, or maybe that will come later.

·
Registered
15,782 Posts
I've been pleasantly surprised as well. As I've probably said earlier, I haven't watched reality TV like this in more than 15 years. And I only ever saw the original New York season in bits and pieces when it first aired. The reunion couldn't have come at a better time in many ways. But as much as the show has addressed the current climate, including BLM and COVID, I'm surprised it hasn't addressed the biggest political elephant in the room, or maybe that will come later.
this reunion is definitely very timely as the original season that featured this cast was ahead of its time and dealt with topics that dovetail perfectly into 2021...the Becky/Kevin race discussion was one of the best I've seen on TV...there's only 1 episode left so I doubt they will cover many more topics

·
Registered
202 Posts
Which political elephant in the room were you referring to?

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Which political elephant in the room were you referring to?
I seem to recall 2020 being an unusual election year in which most people had very strong opinions about stuff. And due to the continued lies about voter fraud leading to an insurrection and attempted coup, interest politics would've been a hot topic well into Jan 2021, when filming wrapped.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
Brent Spiner Recounts A Terrifying Star Trek: First Contact Stunt | First Contact Day

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Why The Ending Of Star Trek: First Contact Is Unforgettable | First Contact Day

Sir Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard), Brent Spiner (Data), Alice Krige (the Borg Queen), and Director Jonathan Frakes (William Riker) analyze what makes the final showdown in the film's climax so meaningful and enduring.

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
Sonequa Martin-Green On Meeting Nichelle Nichols | First Contact Day

Women Of Star Trek Applaud Nichelle Nichols' Historical Impact | First Contact Day

Nichelle Nichols' Impact On Science And Representation | First Contact Day

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Designing Starfleet Uniforms For The 32nd Century | First Contact Day

How Star Trek Comes To Life | First Contact Day

How Star Trek Uses Virtual Sets | First Contact Day

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Creating Comedy In Star Trek: The Next Generation | First Contact Day

(Brent is looking pretty good as he ages)

Talking Trek's Comedy With Brent Spiner, Jonathan Frakes, And More | First Contact Day

·
Registered
20,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
How Kate Mulgrew Changed The Animated Janeway On Star Trek: Prodigy | First Contact Day

Kate Mulgrew Reveals Animated Janeway For Star Trek: Prodigy | First Contact Day

·
Registered
16,794 Posts
I forgot about the discount that apparently ended last month .. hoping another comes around ..

341 - 360 of 389 Posts