AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,641 Posts
I'd have to assume this is a mistake, even if Paramount was going neutral. Even if it's going to happen, there's no way they'd want titles leaked with pre-order dates before an announcement was made.


Brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 /forum/post/12886810


I'd have to assume this is a mistake, even if Paramount was going neutral. Even if it's going to happen, there's no way they'd want titles leaked with pre-order dates before an announcement was made.


Brandon

It's happened before. Where movies/games/etc. show up on Amazon prior to an official announcement. Sometimes companies will notify retailers of an upcoming product long before it's made public.


Still. Grain of salt rule applies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Digital /forum/post/12886872


It's happened before. Where movies/games/etc. show up on Amazon prior to an official announcement. Sometimes companies will notify retailers of an upcoming product long before it's made public.


Still. Grain of salt rule applies.

Windows pricing for the different flavors was one example of a leak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikachuManZzZ /forum/post/12887649


Any significance to this being amazon.co.uk, instead of amazon.com?

Possibly. Did anyone notice -when- the listings went up? Was it after lunch?


Those Brits do enjoy a few ales with their chow, after all. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Don't think it means anything. Amazon has had copies of the Blu Ray Eddie Murphy's for quite a while. In fact, I got them from Amazon very recently.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
These aren't previous listings or "sign up for news" placeholders, these are brand-new entries, complete with the ability to pre-order. Yes, they probably don't mean anything, but it's odd how complete the process is. It's much more complete than your average listing.


EDIT: The titles are now showing up on Amazon Germany, too.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCodger73 /forum/post/12888157


Is Europe outside the scope of Paramount's HD only agreement? If so, then it may not mean anything for the US.

Paramount owns the rights to these. Could be old stock, who knows yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Considering we have many members involved with retail ordering/stocking first hand, we would've heard several reports here saying the same thing - if paramount sent information to retailers.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwayLite /forum/post/12888204


Paramount owns the rights to these. Could be old stock, who knows yet.

Actually UIP, a joint venture between Paramount and Universal, distributes these. Paramount holds UK, Ireland, France, Australia, to name a few. Universal holds Germany, and pretty much the rest of Europe. Anchorman was distributed under Universal in Germany. UIP also holds distribution for Walt Disney Pictures in Turkey. International distribution gets so confusing.


S~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dildatonr /forum/post/12888280


Considering we have many members involved with retail ordering/stocking first hand, we would've heard several reports here saying the same thing - if paramount sent information to retailers.

i dont recall titles being cancelled when Paramount jumped ship tho until it actually happened out of nowhere and went in effect immediately.
 

·
Guest
Joined
·
311 Posts
*crosses fingers*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvidfil /forum/post/12887846


Don't think it means anything. Amazon has had copies of the Blu Ray Eddie Murphy's for quite a while. In fact, I got them from Amazon very recently.

Keep in mind these are pre-orders and not just old listings. Also, I believe Anchorman was never released on Blu-ray, and it's one of the pre-orders.


Lastly, an update to one of the articles says more titles are now showing up. Check out the link ElwayLite posted, it says amazon.com has confirmed they will be showing up in March. Interesting. Also interesting that the amazon rep referred to them as DVDs (maybe mistakenly):

Quote:
UPDATE 2: One of the members on this site was helpful enough to contact amazon about the listings and he got the following reply:


"We have checked our website and confirm that the DVDs you are

mentioned are scheduled to release in March.


Our editorial staff are constantly working on increasing the information we provide about each item as it becomes available to us. However, the information currently displayed on the product's information page is all that has so far been made available to us from the manufacturer."

Brandon
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top